Gaming Where can I still buy Hori DSi XL screen protectors in 2015?

Ura Zelda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to find Hori DSi XL screen protectors for about 3 months now and I haven't found any yet. I've regularly checked many places online such as eBay (including completed listings), Amazon, Hori's website (& I eMailed Hori customer service), and numerous google searches. Does anyone know where I can still buy official Hori DSi XL screen protectors? Does anyone have any unopened packs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The official product packaging can still be seen on Amazon.

P.S. I know this question has been asked before but that was over 5 years ago.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi,

I checked Play Asia, DX.com, and focalprice.com, and this is like the ONLY SCREEN PROTECTOR that I could find for DSi XL.

http://www.focalprice.com/GN843T/2_...r_Nintendo_DSi_LL_LCD_Screen_Transparent.html

I know it's not Hori, but it's cheap and it's available with good reviews from people who bought it. May be you can give it a shot :) Some screen protector is better than NO screen protector :)

Edit: The original Hori seems to be sold out everywhere.

Ura Zelda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm beginning to think that using a Hori 3DS XL touch screen protector might be the best option. I personally only use screen protectors on touch screens and the DSi XL touch screen is only .02" smaller than the 3DS XL touch screen. My only concern is that Hori already makes their screen protectors slightly smaller than the touch screen's actual size so that the screen protector can be removed more easily; the gap between the edge of the screen protector and the edge of the touch screen might be unacceptably large. Has anyone put a Hori 3DS XL touch screen protector on a DSi XL touch screen?

P.S. @ravihpa - I looked at the reviews of the screen protectors you suggested but I'm worried they would affect the image quality too much. The people who wrote the reviews didn't seem to be very selective, they just wanted something cheap to do the job. The screen protector doesn't have to be Hori brand but I would prefer it to be. I'm looking for a high quality product, I'm less concerned about the price. I'm willing to buy a protector meant for cell phones that I have to cut to shape myself as long as it's as good or better than a Hori screen protector. I do appreciate your help though ravihpa.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well, if you want a high quality solution, I guess you'll have to get the 3DS screen protector or a high quality phone screen protector and cut it yourself.

For my N3DS XL, I actually tried out the Original Hori N3DS XL screen protector that I bought from Play Asia, and it actually was unacceptably small compared to the screen. I removed it and applied a generic one, which had good reviews, and I am completely happy with it :) They're transparent, so I doubt they affect the image quality at all.

At least on my N3DS XL, the 3D and the image quality is unaffected, so am quite happy with it :)

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: GaaraPrime

Ura Zelda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Megaben99 Nice find, thanks. I'll message the seller, hopefully the seller speaks English because I can't speak French. If you click the "sold" link on eBay you'll see that the seller sold 2 for EUR 1.99 (but that was in Dec 2011).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over