Hacking Where can I get REALLY a good...

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Headset for the DS and or DS lite?

I like to play my DS everywhere and am always self conscious of disturbing people so I rarely ever get to hear my own games and frankly I'm sick of it. I have to share my room with my sister who's always watching the T.V so even in my room I don't get to hear the games because the sound is too loud, our TV to crappy and our room to small.

I want to get a headset for the DS, headphones + mic on one contraption but I dont like the "Official" set, as it only clips over one ear and I'm partially deaf in both ears but hear best out of my right.

To date I've had no reason to use the mic except for blowing on Wario Ware but I dont like fogging up my screen or the idea of spitting on myself since I produce alot of saliva
shy.gif

I've looked in Walmart and on Amazon.com but dont see anything.

Help!!!

EDIT: I dont know why or how I always have TYPOs in my titles. I proofread them three times and change them yet somehow, one always escapes me and it ANNOYS me :grr:

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've been searching the same thing!! Some headphones with the both left and right speaker, and microphone, and sisn't find any..I wonder is it even possible to make, I believe it is, but how come nobody figured it out, and made it..It would sell really well!!

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey gizmo gal, you might be interested to know that Firefox has a spell checker built in.

It puts a red line under every word that need consideration. Very nice for keeping control of typos.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
I basically use any type of headset...... Like the ones for CD players or mp3 players. Of course those that are compatible with the headphone slot/jack of the DS Lite. (cylindrical rod) I use Phillips and it hasn't failed me once. I love it.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
Hey gizmo gal, you might be interested to know that Firefox has a spell checker built in.

It puts a red line under every word that need consideration. Very nice for keeping control of typos.
Which would have done nothing, since the typo in his topic title is a grammatical error.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:

Meh, thats not very good any way. I USE FireFix and when I type "okay" it marks it wrong and suggests "Tokay"

They need to fix the dictionary in the next update, its been like this for months.

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
Headset for the DS and or DS lite?

I like to play my DS everywhere and am always self conscious of disturbing people so I rarely ever get to hear my own games and frankly I'm sick of it. I have to share my room with my sister who's always watching the T.V so even in my room I don't get to hear the games because the sound is too loud, our TV to crappy and our room to small.

I want to get a headset for the DS, headphones + mic on one contraption but I dont like the "Official" set, as it only clips over one ear and I'm partially deaf in both ears but hear best out of my right.

To date I've had no reason to use the mic except for blowing on Wario Ware but I dont like fogging up my screen or the idea of spitting on myself since I produce alot of saliva
shy.gif

I've looked in Walmart and on Amazon.com but dont see anything.

Help!!!

EDIT: I dont know why or how I always have TYPOs in my titles. I proofread them three times and change them yet somehow, one always escapes me and it ANNOYS me :grr:

i have the saliva problem too
smile.gif
good to know i'm not alone.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you don't need headphones- just use earphones, and you can get the job of the microphone just by making sound near it.

When you go ride a bus (you know, where it is really loud with all that engine sound and sound of other cars passing by etc), that triggers the microphone... when i was playing ontamara when going home on the bus, it would use all of the clearing bomb thing as soon as I start a song... sucks
frown.gif

This happens to my ds PHAT (i don't have a DSL, so i never tried on a DSL)

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
I have an official DS headset ... a Japanese one ... that I got from Lik-Sang, right before they closed ...

just wondering... does this DS headset you have "remind" us that it is an official DS headset- (like does it say "nintendo DS" all over it?...)
Because this one PSP head set I have has "PSP" all over it- mic, speaker, the part that goes over your head has SONY on it...

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
psycoblaster said:
thebobevil said:
I have an official DS headset ... a Japanese one ... that I got from Lik-Sang, right before they closed ...

just wondering... does this DS headset you have "remind" us that it is an official DS headset- (like does it say "nintendo DS" all over it?...)
Because this one PSP head set I have has "PSP" all over it

No ... it just has the nintendo DS logo on it, in one spot ...

2h3mmac.jpg

I apoligse for the crappy photo ... took it real quick ...

It's part number is NTR-019, and I don't know where you could get one ... possibly Play-Asia ... ?

I found this ... http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kuradashiya/ntr-019/ ... that's just under $11 ...

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal, I've also been looking for a 2-ear headset with mic and am also having trouble. Be sure to let us know when you find a good one. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂