Where can I get REALLY a good...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by gizmo_gal, May 5, 2008.

1. gizmo_gal
    OP

gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

Apr 10, 2008
    United States
    1st dimension, Earth
    Headset for the DS and or DS lite?

I like to play my DS everywhere and am always self conscious of disturbing people so I rarely ever get to hear my own games and frankly I'm sick of it. I have to share my room with my sister who's always watching the T.V so even in my room I don't get to hear the games because the sound is too loud, our TV to crappy and our room to small.

I want to get a headset for the DS, headphones + mic on one contraption but I dont like the "Official" set, as it only clips over one ear and I'm partially deaf in both ears but hear best out of my right.

To date I've had no reason to use the mic except for blowing on Wario Ware but I dont like fogging up my screen or the idea of spitting on myself since I produce alot of saliva [​IMG]

I've looked in Walmart and on Amazon.com but dont see anything.

Help!!!

EDIT: I dont know why or how I always have TYPOs in my titles. I proofread them three times and change them yet somehow, one always escapes me and it ANNOYS me :grr:

2. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    Most of the microphone-requiring actions can be triggered by tapping the mic with your stylus.

3. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2007
    Croatia
    Depths of Nuclear powerplant
    I've been searching the same thing!! Some headphones with the both left and right speaker, and microphone, and sisn't find any..I wonder is it even possible to make, I believe it is, but how come nobody figured it out, and made it..It would sell really well!!

4. Panzer Tacticer

Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    Right Here
    Hey gizmo gal, you might be interested to know that Firefox has a spell checker built in.

It puts a red line under every word that need consideration. Very nice for keeping control of typos.

5. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    I basically use any type of headset...... Like the ones for CD players or mp3 players. Of course those that are compatible with the headphone slot/jack of the DS Lite. (cylindrical rod) I use Phillips and it hasn't failed me once. I love it.

6. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    Which would have done nothing, since the typo in his topic title is a grammatical error.

7. gizmo_gal
    OP

Apr 10, 2008
    United States
    1st dimension, Earth
    Meh, thats not very good any way. I USE FireFix and when I type "okay" it marks it wrong and suggests "Tokay"

They need to fix the dictionary in the next update, its been like this for months.

8. sphere9

sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2007

i have the saliva problem too [​IMG] good to know i'm not alone.

9. psycoblaster

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    you don't need headphones- just use earphones, and you can get the job of the microphone just by making sound near it.

When you go ride a bus (you know, where it is really loud with all that engine sound and sound of other cars passing by etc), that triggers the microphone... when i was playing ontamara when going home on the bus, it would use all of the clearing bomb thing as soon as I start a song... sucks [​IMG]
    This happens to my ds PHAT (i don't have a DSL, so i never tried on a DSL)

10. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

Sep 27, 2006
    Out of the corner of your eye
    I have an official DS headset ... a Japanese one ... that I got from Lik-Sang, right before they closed ...

11. psycoblaster

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    just wondering... does this DS headset you have "remind" us that it is an official DS headset- (like does it say "nintendo DS" all over it?...)
    Because this one PSP head set I have has "PSP" all over it- mic, speaker, the part that goes over your head has SONY on it...

12. gizmo_gal
    OP

Apr 10, 2008
    United States
    1st dimension, Earth
    Um...where can I get one if LikSang is gone? I dont/cant use Ebay.

13. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

Sep 27, 2006
    Out of the corner of your eye
    No ... it just has the nintendo DS logo on it, in one spot ...

[​IMG]

I apoligse for the crappy photo ... took it real quick ...

It's part number is NTR-019, and I don't know where you could get one ... possibly Play-Asia ... ?

I found this ... http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kuradashiya/ntr-019/ ... that's just under $11 ...

14. gizmo_gal
    OP

Apr 10, 2008
    United States
    1st dimension, Earth
    I'm partly deaf I'd like something to go on both of my ears. (I have small ears 1.8 inches from top to lobe and this probably wont fit me anyway...)

Anyone know of anything else?

15. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    it doesn't have to go in your ears, that one just hangs outside of your ear...

16. SleepingDragon

SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    P3X-719
    gizmo_gal, I've also been looking for a 2-ear headset with mic and am also having trouble. Be sure to let us know when you find a good one. Thanks.