Where can I get Pokemon games cheap.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Alex4nder001, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Alex4nder001
    OP

Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I once had some Pokemon games, which were Pokemon HeartGold, Pokemon Black and Pokemon White version 2, as well as a bunch of other NDS games. Unfurtunately, I lost most of them. I've played my Pokemon games on a flashcart, but I am seeking to replace the cartridges some time soon. Does anyone know where I can get them cheap? (Pokemon Black and Pokemon White version 2 must be european). I live in the UK, and so far I haven't found anything cheaper than £15. Does anyone know if they are sold cheaper elsewhere, or is it just to rare to be priced any less?
    (BTW, the full stop instead of the question mark in the title was a typo I didn't realise until I posted).

Last edited by Alex4nder001, Aug 16, 2018
  2. RockyusRigbyus

RockyusRigbyus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    United States
    You can try Ebay, just watch out for counterfeits I got scammed myself.

3. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    But wouldn't he want the counterfeits if they're cheaper and functionally the same?

4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    CEX is probably your best bet, unless you're prepared to run the risk of ebay fakes.
    Despite what some people say, CEX are generally more competitively priced than ebay - at the very least, use it as a price comparison if buying from ebay.
    Their online ordering is pretty good - but you have to risk the "CEX roulette" when it comes to buying anything labelled as 'boxed' ('mint' and 'loose cart' are fairly self explanatory, but where it just states 'boxed' sometimes you'll get a manual, sometimes you won't, sometimes it will be mint, sometimes it will be tatty).

Not if he was previously running them on flashcarts and now wants the originals back... otherwise sticking to roms on flashcart is THE cheapest option.

Last edited by duwen, Aug 31, 2018
    Lacius likes this.
  5. RockyusRigbyus

RockyusRigbyus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    United States
    Well Counterfeits are prone to crashing and other crap. But I guess If your desperate or out of money then they can be a good way to play them cheap. But I wouldn't Recommend it though.

6. Alex4nder001
    OP

Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I don't want fake games

7. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    They're real (the same) games, just with newer hardware and maybe with a different schematic.

8. RaptorDMG

RaptorDMG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Stirling
    I'd look on https://www.cashconverters.co.uk/ and ebay but make sure you know what to look for in a counterfeit eg non EUR region, black case instead of a clearish case and cartridge colour grey for diamond, pearl and platinum and black for the rest

9. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Check your local selling groups for bundles. You frequently get a random mother find a *DS which has not been played in ages, all the games for it and then try to sell it as one. Naturally pokemon tends to feature prominently in this.
    Costs a fair bit in total but if you keep the games you want, tidy up the console and sell everything else individually you can break even or better.