GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's a site that ships to the US that sells the R4DS, that also accepts Visa as payment? SC hasn't updated in awhile and i'm getting angry >: So R4 is next for me.

side question: does it show the little icon for the game?

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cool
biggrin.gif
thnx. I guess i'll be getting it soon.
smile.gif

k2theman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
www.gamersection.ca

DO NOT order from these guys!! It's been 2 whole weeks & I still don't have mine. They have TERRIBLE customer service & do not answer emails or phone calls! STAY AWAY & BEWARE!!!

Sorry you're having a rough time with them, but a lot of people (myself included) have had an excellent experience shopping there. Personally, I ordered an R4 on Jan. 2, and it was shipped with no problem on the 5th. It arrived a week later, perfect condition, everything working as it should.

Empyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dsbrew.com
XP
Country
Sorry you're having a rough time with them, but a lot of people (myself included) have had an excellent experience shopping there. Personally, I ordered an R4 on Jan. 2, and it was shipped with no problem on the 5th. It arrived a week later, perfect condition, everything working as it should.
Your expectations are sufficiently low to think that was acceptable.

I ordered my M3Simply from http://www.modchip-store.co.uk/ at 10:30 in the morning and the postman delivered it to me the following morning at 8:30 am. I know they are in the UK but there is a marked difference in the service level.

Why did it take them 3 days to ship your R4? Why did it take a week for delivery?

k2theman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry you're having a rough time with them, but a lot of people (myself included) have had an excellent experience shopping there. Personally, I ordered an R4 on Jan. 2, and it was shipped with no problem on the 5th. It arrived a week later, perfect condition, everything working as it should.

Your expectations are sufficiently low to think that was acceptable.

I ordered my M3Simply from http://www.modchip-store.co.uk/ at 10:30 in the morning and the postman delivered it to me the following morning at 8:30 am. I know they are in the UK but there is a marked difference in the service level.

Why did it take them 3 days to ship your R4? Why did it take a week for delivery?

Why did it take a week for delivery? Should I ask that to Gamersection, or to Fedex, who actually MADE the delivery? The package was tracked from Montreal to Vancouver where I live. It was mentioned on the site as 3-5 day ground shipping; having been shipped on a Friday, it took 5 business days to arrive here (it came the next Friday). I've personally made that trip from Montreal to Vancouver myself (I was born in Montreal), and it does indeed take about 5 days by car. I don't know a lot about UK shipping speed, but there is definitely a lot less ground to cover. I also don't know how close the company is to your door, specifically.

Why did it take them 3 days to ship? This I don't know - I did hear that a number of places took the 2nd (and in some cases the 3rd) off, but this would mean the item should have been shipped the 4th at the latest, and that's assuming they actually were closed the previous days. Not something I'm going to worry about, especially considering the wide variance in ship times I've read about on this board from different companies.

Note also that in my particular case, I was also waiting on an order for my microSD card from another company (http://ca.buy.com). Now THERE I experienced terrible service; having ordered on Jan. 2 as well, my order still stated "Processing" on the 10th. I ended up cancelling the order entirely and getting the card at Best Buy (cheaper, I might add).

Congratulations on living in a country with such wonderful shipping.
rolleyes.gif

donkeyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bought a Supercard DS One from gamersection.ca and it was faulty. Called them and sent in my defective one and asked them to exchange it for an R4 DS instead. It took them a whole week to process my return, but nevertheless, they were more than gracious to make the swap.

They are very friendly on the phone and have great customer service. Just don't e-mail them because as their site says, it takes 2 business days to reply to e-mails.

I would do business with them again. Nothing to worry with these guys. They're reliable.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I ordered 4 R4's from Winsunx on the 25th, and got the parcel first thing Monday 29th via Fedex. (I was really surprised since the weekend was 27-28th! )

Ordered using a credit card through paypal, and as usual I am extremely happy with the service I got from Winsunx.
wub.gif

I just hope the Micro SD's cards I ordered from picstop yesterday, turn up soon, since I have 4 R4's but no SD card to test them with!!! (My fault for not ordering them at the same time.
shy.gif
)

grog.gif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just hope the Micro SD's cards I ordered from picstop yesterday, turn up soon, since I have 4 R4's but no SD card to test them with!!! (My fault for not ordering them at the same time.Â
shy.gif
)

Last time I ordered from there I chose shipping from jersey (cheaper mem cards - no vat) and they say on the site that it takes 4-7 working days, but I received it 2 working days later (the day after I received my R4 - I was expecting to be waiting ages before I could use it :> ).

I ordered from picstop again yesterday so I hope they are as quick this time. =]

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope the Micro SD's cards I ordered from picstop yesterday, turn up soon, since I have 4 R4's but no SD card to test them with!!! (My fault for not ordering them at the same time.Â
shy.gif
)

Last time I ordered from there I chose shipping from jersey (cheaper mem cards - no vat) and they say on the site that it takes 4-7 working days, but I received it 2 working days later (the day after I received my R4 - I was expecting to be waiting ages before I could use it :> ).

I ordered from picstop again yesterday so I hope they are as quick this time. =]

That's what I'm sayin'. Order from www.realhotstuff.com. They ship 'em FAST! Usually 3 business days in the to anywhere in the US. My buds & I all use 'em now.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's what I'm sayin'. Order from www.realhotstuff.com. They ship 'em FAST! Usually 3 business days in the to anywhere in the US. My buds & I all use 'em now.

Except we are both in the UK, and I received my package in 2 working days.

So realhotstuff are useless to both me and noobix as it would cost us more than it cost us to shop where we did and it would have taken far longer.

tacklebox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered from jandaman, was pretty slow even though it was shipping from washington. Last thing I ordered was from mod-chip.com, it was shipped from austria and took the same ammount of time.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Micro SD cards arrived this morning (Friday)...I ordered to 2x1GB Kingston's and a 1GB toshiba. (Shipped from picstop Jersey to avoid VAT on Tuesday. ) So 3 days shipping.

Happy to report that all the cards are from Japan!!!
grog.gif

I would definitely recommend both picstop and Winsunx...awesome service from both!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.