Hacking Where can I get a Super Mario 3D Land xorpad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Who knows, he could have a hardware dumper. Regardless, the xorpads are not copyrighted, and can be legally shared. If gbatemp doesn't want to allow them to be shared here, then that's their right, but legally it's totally fine to share them.
i doubt they are so clear cut "legal", but i think its pretty safe to say he doesn't have a hardware dumper and that his attitude stinks, even if he asked me to share a picture of a cat with him i wouldnt

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is impossible to obtain a xorpad file without using Nintendo's hardware in a way other than that in which it was intended.
That's not illegal.
i doubt they are so clear cut "legal"
It's just random data. Nintendo did not create it. No nintendo code is contained within it. It is 100% legal to share. It's not even a gray area. Why would it be? Nintendo did not produce it, and copyright only covers creative works anyway, not a bunch of random numbers that were generated programmatically. The program that generated it wasn't even made by them.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not legally obtainable without using Nintendo's software and Nintendo's hardware in a manner other than which was specifically and exclusively intended. You don't know the law. I do. Know, before you post.

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not legally obtainable without using Nintendo's software and Nintendo's hardware in a manner other than which was specifically and exclusively intended. You don't know the law. I do. Know, before you post.
That isn't illegal. It's not nintendo's hardware once they sell it. You can run any code you want on your own hardware.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
pointless debate is pointless, lets just say its already been proven that decryption keys are considered "illegal" whist yeah these may not be the same as a specific decryption key they are in a similar category, i wouldn't feel like testing it out for myself.....if you want to host a site dedicated to sharing xorpads to decrypt 3ds games go ahead nobody is stopping you, just not on this site, and that was the point made.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time for me to school you. Mario is Nintendo's proprietary property. Anything with Mario in it must be officially licensed by Nintendo. They own the sole and only copyright to anything with Mario in it, which includes, surprisingly. Super MARIO 3D Land.

Nintendo has not authorized anyone to use their hardware to rip files from any of their games, including Super MARIO 3D Land.

You were saying?

Reactions: Queno138

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pointless debate is pointless, lets just say its already been proven that decryption keys are considered "illegal" whist yeah these may not be the same as a specific decryption key they are in a similar category, i wouldn't feel like testing it out for myself.....if you want to host a site dedicated to sharing xorpads to decrypt 3ds games go ahead nobody is stopping you, just not on this site, and that was the point made.
But an xorpad is not a decryption key. It is the output of running the encryption key through the system.

Time for me to school you. Mario is Nintendo's proprietary property. Anything with Mario in it must be officially licensed by Nintendo. They own the sole and only copyright to anything with Mario in it, which includes, surprisingly. Super MARIO 3D Land.

Nintendo has not authorized anyone to use their hardware to rip files from any of their games, including Super MARIO 3D Land.

You were saying?
Mario is not in any xorpad.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game in question is a MARIO game on a NINTENDO console. What part of this is difficult for you to understand?

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The part where he's asking for the game. I haven't seen him do that. An xorpad is not a game. It does not contain any part of any game. There is no actual content in it at all, and it is totally useless by itself.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't know the law, just say so. You're embarrassing yourself with your ignorance of the very intellectual property rights and copyright laws that you are inaccurately parroting.

Learn the law before you make another uneducated post. Please. For your own sake.

It wouldn't matter if you were using Nintendo's code to cure Super MEGA AIDS. You would still be circumventing their copy protection software, and utilizing their proprietary hardware in a manner other than which it was originally intended.

Did you flash your 3DS with your own custom operating system that you wrote, personally? Then don't talk about bits of code and what a pad file is.

The behavior previously described meets the legal definition of 'illegal circumvention'.

Don't take my word for it. Look it up.

deoFusion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is a xorpad bro?
My understanding is that 3DS games are encrypted using AES (advanced encryption standard) in CTR (counter) mode. The way this works is that certain numbers are encrypted using AES in order to produce blocks, which are then XOR'd with the encrypted game in order to obtain the unencrypted game.

These blocks which get XOR'd against encrypted games are colloquially known as "xorpads".

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Random numbers with no meaning can't be copyrighted.

This random hammer that was fashioned to break into your house isn't illegal, until I use it right?

Problem is, the OP is definitely going to use it to break into your house, so intent is there.

Difference between hammer and a xorpad, is that hammer has other uses, while the xorpad is only useful, if one xors against mario.

Given it's unique purpose, it is deemed illegal too.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This random hammer that was fashioned to break into your house isn't illegal, until I use it right?

Problem is, the OP is definitely going to use it to break into your house, so intent is there.

Difference between hammer and a xorpad, is that hammer has other uses, while the xorpad is only useful, if one xors against mario.

Given it's unique purpose, it is deemed illegal too.

The major point being, the specificity of the hammer. Some hammers are made to hammer nails. Some are made to hammer chisels.

A xorpad file made from a very, very specific game, used by a person with at least enough working knowledge to know how critical being on the right firmware is, along with a butthurt, angsty, whiny reprimand to all the meanies who didn't help him, is KIND of a smoking gun, wouldn't you say?

Context is everything. Hobbyist, my third teste. Hardware mods abound for "hobbyists". No "hobbyist" would be here begging for a very specific file, which can only be obtained from one game.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Technically, the xorpod is just as much "the game" as the actual, encrypted game would be. This is illegal as hell to share.

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, the xorpod is just as much "the game" as the actual, encrypted game would be. This is illegal as hell to share.
Technically, that is totally untrue. There is NOTHING created by nintendo or any other game developer contained in the xorpads.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
bloody hell.....the guy was a douche can you guys drop it he was told it was against the rules here......i very much doubt any of you are international copyright and computer hacking law experts, so please just drop it you sound pathetic. they are not allowed here and thats it.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Technically, that is totally untrue. There is NOTHING created by nintendo or any other game developer contained in the xorpads.
From an information-theoretical point of view: given the key, they contain the same information.

From your point of view, sharing a ROM with all the bits flipped would be perfectly OK. Clearly ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM