Where can I get a new GBA SPII?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by betaboy, Feb 15, 2007.

Feb 15, 2007

Where can I get a new GBA SPII? by betaboy at 9:16 PM (1,045 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. betaboy
    OP

Member betaboy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Anyone know where I can purchase a New GBA SPII in the UK - the one with the backlit rather than sidelit screen?
    I rather stay away from Ebay and nor do I want a GBA Micro (screen too small).
    I only want to play FFVI on it without the cart sticking out of the bottom of my DSL (and without the black border).

2. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    I found myself one of these recently, on the NZ equivalent of ebay (I got lucky).

I'm pretty sure Amazon has them, but other than that and ebay, no clue.
    Edit: Amazon only has them for America - perhaps the backlit version wasn't released in Europe either?

3. Bali

Member Bali GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Is there anyway of telling with which version you are dealing just by looking at the packaging? Or do you really need to take it out and test it before you can really know?

4. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Just in case you might own a Supercard, dont bother getting and SPII just to play FFVI because the ROM is only playable up til the Opera House. Any other cart will be fine though...

5. larvi

Member larvi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think you can tell by the color. The graphite, pearl blue and pearl pink ones are the new SPIIs. Those are the colors that I'm aware of in the US at least.

6. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I have seen a few pink GBAs for sale. I think game had a few in. But I'm guessing it won't be your colour.

7. az_bont

Newcomer az_bont Newbie

United Kingdom
    The front of the box should say if it has the newer backlight:

[​IMG]