Where can I get a F2A USB linker?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Herg, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Herg
    OP

Herg PogoShell Dev

Nov 21, 2002
    United States
    Hey,

I have an old FlashAdvance Pro 256m cart and a parallel port linker. I've been out of the scene for quite a while now, and it seems things have moved on. Anyone know where I could get a USB linker these days? Have one you want to dust off and sell?

2. daroga

daroga Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2006
    I've got the same cart I think, with the parallel linker and a Visoly (sp?) USB linker. I might be wanting to get rid of it, but would probably like to get rid of the whole lot at once.

3. Herg
    OP

Herg PogoShell Dev

Nov 21, 2002
    United States
    I was hoping for something in the $20 range that would let me program carts from my laptop. If I have to spend more than that, I'll probably go ahead and get some version of the M3.

I'd like to find one of these.
    [​IMG]

4. daroga

daroga Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2006
    Check your PMs.

5. amongmyselves

amongmyselves Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2004
    United States
    Central Florida
    I'm in a similar boat. I've got a Flash2Advance 256Mb with a parallel port linker... but I no longer have my old laptop and I'm now in need of a usb linker.

Everything I've read says I should be able to use the old cart with the new linker, but can I even find one?

*EDIT*

A quick search brought me to this:
    http://revolution-sales.com/catalog/flash2...9addf520176e049

Assuming they actually have it in stock or can get it in stock, $12 isn't too bad...

6. amongmyselves

amongmyselves Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2004
    United States
    Central Florida
    I purchased the F2A USB linker from the link above and it showed up today. I installed the included software and it works! I am now updating my 256M F2A cart from my Macbook using Parallels. I am a very happy boy.

I just wanted to leave something here for anyone who might be looking for an answer in the future.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice