Where can I get a F2A USB linker?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Herg, Jan 25, 2007.

Jan 25, 2007

Where can I get a F2A USB linker? by Herg at 7:15 PM (1,425 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Herg
    OP

Member Herg PogoShell Dev

United States
    Hey,

I have an old FlashAdvance Pro 256m cart and a parallel port linker. I've been out of the scene for quite a while now, and it seems things have moved on. Anyone know where I could get a USB linker these days? Have one you want to dust off and sell?

2. daroga

Newcomer daroga Member

I've got the same cart I think, with the parallel linker and a Visoly (sp?) USB linker. I might be wanting to get rid of it, but would probably like to get rid of the whole lot at once.

3. Herg
    OP

Member Herg PogoShell Dev

United States
    I was hoping for something in the $20 range that would let me program carts from my laptop. If I have to spend more than that, I'll probably go ahead and get some version of the M3.

I'd like to find one of these.
    [​IMG]

4. daroga

Newcomer daroga Member

Check your PMs.

5. amongmyselves

Newcomer amongmyselves Member

United States
    I'm in a similar boat. I've got a Flash2Advance 256Mb with a parallel port linker... but I no longer have my old laptop and I'm now in need of a usb linker.

Everything I've read says I should be able to use the old cart with the new linker, but can I even find one?

*EDIT*

A quick search brought me to this:
    http://revolution-sales.com/catalog/flash2...9addf520176e049

Assuming they actually have it in stock or can get it in stock, $12 isn't too bad...

6. amongmyselves

Newcomer amongmyselves Member

United States
    I purchased the F2A USB linker from the link above and it showed up today. I installed the included software and it works! I am now updating my 256M F2A cart from my Macbook using Parallels. I am a very happy boy.

I just wanted to leave something here for anyone who might be looking for an answer in the future.