Where can I get a EZ 3-in-1 for DSPhat?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by suppachipmunk, Sep 17, 2007.

Sep 17, 2007
  1. suppachipmunk
    OP

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hello. I was deciding between a EZFlash IV or a 3-in-1 for a friends DSPhat. I think I have decided on the 3-in-1. I have heard that you can get it in standard GBA form that will fit into a DSPhat. Is that true? If so, can you direct me to the right site to order one. If not, how bout a site to EZFlash IV?

Which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

2. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    realhotstuff comes to me first, assuming that you're from the USA.

3. suppachipmunk
    OP

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    @ thaigrocer

Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for. Greatly appreciated. I was about to order a lite sized 3-in-1 and then buy a used GBA game from gamestop and do an internal swap. [​IMG] This makes it much easier.

Last question. Which would be better for GBA support, the 3-in-1 or an EZIV Mini? The reason I ask is for my friend's christmas gift. All he needs is GBA support because he already has an R4. So would the 3-in-1 be better because it is cheaper and works well with the R4, or would the EZIV Mini be better because of the removable storage?

Thanks.

EDIT: does realhot stuff ship the item with the original packaging?

4. roflmywaffle

Newcomer roflmywaffle Advanced Member

United States
    OK, second question first: RHS ships items in original packaging (I've ordered from them on more than one occasion and have been more than satisfied).

To answer your first question, the EZIV Mini is better if you're going to be playing GBA games often, it's much faster and holds more than one game at a time (the 3-in-1 relies on the R4s memory). The 3-in-1 takes ~90secs to erase the old game + load the new one. On the other hand, the 3in1 works great with the Opera Browser and as a rumble pack- it's a tradeoff.

The 3-in-1 is is only $22 from RHS (plus shipping), and the EZ IV is more expensive.

If he's a GBA fanatic, or he'd like to be able to get a cart that he can use on his DS & original GBA natively, get the EZ IV. If he plays occasional GBA games, wants rumble or Opera Browser support, get the 3-in-1 at a significant savings.

EDIT: I'd like to mention that you're a good friend, my friends don't get me DS flashing equipment for homebrew [​IMG]