Where can I find a quality replacement touchscreen/digitizer for the Wii U GamePad?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by reddragon105, Mar 22, 2017.

1. reddragon105
    OP

reddragon105 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2008
    My Wii U GamePad's touchscreen has a pretty bad scratch on it, which somehow didn't bother me for ages but I've been playing Breath of the Wild on the GamePad a lot (trying to pretend I have a Switch!) and started to find it really distracting, so I decided to replace it.

I ordered a replacement digitzer from eBay - it was listed as a Wii U digitizer and the photo in the listing looked identical to the original one in my GamePad, so I was disappointed when it arrived to find that it's actually quite different. First of all, it's made of glass, whereas the original is plastic, with a plastic layer stuck to the front of the glass that is noticeably diffuse, making the display look a bit blurry through it, and has a terrible finish on it that really shows up every fingerprint and is really easy to smudge. So needless to say that digitizer is going back as it is not a good replacement for the original one.

So, please, does anyone know where I can get a good quality replacement from? Can anyone recommend a place they've bought from before? I don't mind whether it's plastic or glass, I just want to be able to see through it!

2. Hielkenator2

Hielkenator2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    Albania
    I would like to know also!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice