Hardware Where can I find a New Nintendo 3ds to buy in the web for CFW?

Sam_SpadeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello guys, I just want to know where can I buy a New Nintendo 3ds in the web for CFW. Can I buy a japanese NN3ds and then change the region?

Thanks in advance.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Sam_SpadeR
D

Deleted-236924

If you went with a Japanese one, careful as you may end up with 8.1J which is difficult in terms of CFW. You'd need a GW.
(There's another option but it is not noob-friendly.)

Sam_SpadeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If you went with a Japanese one, careful as you may end up with 8.1J which is difficult in terms of CFW. You'd need a GW.
Got it, man, so... What about with an USA new nintendo 3ds? Do I need the GW with any of those?

D

Deleted-236924

US ones, you'd have to get an XL because all US regular-size ones are over 9.2
XL can be 9.0-9.2 but it gets rarer as time goes by. There's a thread here if you can check the serial numbers on the box before buying them, but it still isn't 100% certain you'll get that version if you buy one from those serial numbers. That and they get rarer as time goes by.

Sam_SpadeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
US ones, you'd have to get an XL because all US regular-size ones are over 9.2
XL can be 9.0-9.2 but it gets rarer as time goes by. There's a thread here if you can check the serial numbers on the box before buying them, but it still isn't 100% certain you'll get that version if you buy one from those serial numbers. That and they get rarer as time goes by.
Thanks, man. Now, Im asking for a red one XL with this number on the list: QW1018 (Red) - Confirmed, 9.0.0-20U. I need the GW card for this to do the CFW?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, man. Now, Im asking for a red one XL with this number on the list: QW1018 (Red) - Confirmed, 9.0.0-20U. I need the GW card for this to do the CFW?
No you don't need a flash card unless you plan on buying a New 3DS on 9.3+ you can use homemenuhax with mini pasta or setup rxTools for free.

Sam_SpadeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Big question, man: with GW you mean I would need all the GW cards (the red gateway card and the blue one)? Please help on this, I almost have a japenese NN3ds on 8.1. What should I do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have Zelda Ocarina of Time. This game works to hack the japenese console or something, man?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big question, man: with GW you mean I would need all the GW cards (the red gateway card and the blue one)? Please help on this, I almost have a japenese NN3ds on 8.1. What should I do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have Zelda Ocarina of Time. This game works to hack the japenese console or something, man?

stay clear of 8.1 units unless you have a japanese OOT cart or japanese cubic ninja cart.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, man. And one final question there: It would be possible using a copy of the japanese version of Zelda OoT with a Sky3ds on it to launch the GW menu and make the CFW?
Yes you could use a Japanese Cubic Ninja rom temporarily to update to 9.2.0-20 and setup rxTools by using homemenuhax but buying one defeats the purpose of setting up CFW if you have someone who owns a skycard that is an option or you can buy one, do what you need to do, and return it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr