Gaming Where can I find a list of region exclusives for each console?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best bet is google "List of __________ games" (__________ being the console of your choice) You'll get a wiki list, and you can sort them by region. But it won't tell you if they're exclusive.

But overall Google is your friend if you don't find it there you're not going to find it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you say region exclusive do you mean region locked titles or just not released in region*. Region locking was a thing in the case of the xbox 360 but it was a selectable thing devs could choose which regions it worked in. http://www.abgx.net/filename/?ch=6 and http://abgx360.cc/verified.php should get you where you need to go there. Most times region locking was a thing it was a money thing so if a game was not going to come out in the other regions for a few months then people would lock it, or in the case of Japan possibly always exclude it (Japan games are a bit more expensive so they can be a bit more sensitive about having a market sliced out from under them), and then maybe any later releases would be region free (though sadly game of the year/gold edition at this point in history often just meant reissue + dlc download code). So most of the time that means a North American model is going to get you most places, however not always and there are hacks (albeit harder ones than others) to bypass it, and both Europe and Japan got some notable exclusives.

*annoyingly Australia is often counted as PAL but other times can have NTSC stuff, and in any case can get versions of things never seen in either (or censored versions where everywhere else was doing whatever).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on