ROM Hack where can i download NDS rom hacking tool?

altimitt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i was wondering if you guys had a custom program that can hack a NDS rom, mainly translate its text to english. can you guys give me a list? thanks!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There is no such tool, sorry. While the way a NDS ROM is packed is the same with every ROM, the way the files are packed inside are not. Each game is different and in many cases, each game requires its own tools to extract the data from it. Thats why to translate a game, more often than not you need a programming background to make tools to extract and unpack language files.

SCVgeo

Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
quikshadow said:
Narin truely is a cheat master...lol. Anyways he's right. There's no way. I was translating pokemon diamond to portuguese but somehow i screwwed the script/
Well a general program is not possible but for each specific game it can be done. That is what loadingNOW did for pokemon. If you made a mistake, you can ask for help (at the thread you made on translating diamond).

HernanZh

Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are a few tools, like CrystalTile, that can handle common files in NDS roms. Other than that, people make their own tools. That or you're lucky enough to let someone else make the tools for you
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment