where can i download NDS rom hacking tool?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by altimitt, Feb 5, 2009.

Feb 5, 2009
  1. altimitt
    OP

Newcomer altimitt Newbie

Philippines
    i was wondering if you guys had a custom program that can hack a NDS rom, mainly translate its text to english. can you guys give me a list? thanks!

2. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If such a tool existed, you'd know about it.

3. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    There is no such tool, sorry. While the way a NDS ROM is packed is the same with every ROM, the way the files are packed inside are not. Each game is different and in many cases, each game requires its own tools to extract the data from it. Thats why to translate a game, more often than not you need a programming background to make tools to extract and unpack language files.

4. quikshadow

Newcomer quikshadow Advanced Member

United States
    Narin truely is a cheat master...lol. Anyways he's right. There's no way. I was translating pokemon diamond to portuguese but somehow i screwwed the script/

5. SCVgeo

Member SCVgeo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well a general program is not possible but for each specific game it can be done. That is what loadingNOW did for pokemon. If you made a mistake, you can ask for help (at the thread you made on translating diamond).

6. HernanZh

Member HernanZh GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    There are a few tools, like CrystalTile, that can handle common files in NDS roms. Other than that, people make their own tools. That or you're lucky enough to let someone else make the tools for you [​IMG]