Where can I buy replacment Analogs for GC controller

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by snake2, Feb 8, 2011.

1. snake2
    OP

Newcomer snake2 Advanced Member

United States
    I have 3 GC controllers and the analogs are very loose and wobbly and I would like to replace them but so far I have not been able to find anywhere that sells new ones, any help great.

2. steve-p

Member steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i'v not opened one, but if they are made by Alps you can probably use one from a psx or xbox controller - those are interchangeable.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Assuming you mean actual sticks rather the electronics I might be able to help
    http://www.opentip.com/Electronics-Compute...-p-1293135.html
    I have not heard of this site before about 5 minutes ago. Amazon (or a third party seller on them) do them as well but their shipping is horrific ($20 for a $10 item), the above site is not better but still not brilliant.
    https://www.vpgames.com/p-1071-analog-thumb...controller.aspx apparently also do them and have sensible shipping.

You also have the option of buying something like
    http://www.virtualvillage.com/gamecube-con...C07400-447.html
    and cannibalising it for parts (most gripes I have with third party controllers are to do with odd shape and ill thought out addition of turbo buttons and the like- rarely do I have problems with the electronics). I have used this site in the past and they are good. If you are feeling bored you can also make a savemiifree or remap a game that does not have remapping options without having to do it in cheats.

If you do find something please post back- I have any number of 360 parts replacement options and a handful of playstation parts but nothing special for nintendo home consoles.

4. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    It really depends on the damage. If they still work, you could probably just open it up and (maybe) push the cap back in. Otherwise, I'd listen to FAST for this.

5. snake2
    OP

United States
    I am looking to replace the electronics not the cap, I ordered some from vpgames on ebay I'll let everyone know how they work when they get here

6. steve-p

Member steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    can you post a foto of the mechanism please. [​IMG]

7. snake2
    OP

United States
    sure steve, I get done work in a few hours I'll take it apart and post some pics I have never seen the inside of a GC controller either.

I am unsure if a PS2/360 stick would work because they can be pressed in to activate another button

8. snake2
    OP

United States
    here they are, there is a groove that the cap that only lets you put it on one way still do not know if a ps2 or 360 part will work
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's the stupid cheap plastic pieces inside that wear down. Once they get lose they are done. If you find anything that works as a replacement that would be nice. I have 3 worthless wavebirds I'd love to fix with new sticks.