Hacking Where can I buy an AceKard with paypal?

Hazardous24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everywhere I've been so far for some reason requires a Visa.(Not going to trust a bankcard with a person from another country)
Help is much appreciated!

-edit-
Sorry, nevermind. I didn't realize carts were considered illegal now and that paypal blocks transactions in relations to them.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's not that they're considered illegal, it's that paypal/ebay doesn't like them, so they choose to freeze accounts that deal with them.

Paypal's not a bank, after all, so they're not subject to the same laws and regulations. They do this crap all the time to stuff they personally don't like.

kumpandjill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been in a similar situation... you have options, though. If your money is actually in the PayPal account, have it taken out and sent to you. If not, get a prepaid card and simply use that.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
let's say you emailed them and they gave you a paypal mail for order. you (or they) can't write what you are buying in the invoice as paypal will freeze both accounts in that case.

if you get a problem in the order, you can't get help from paypal (maybe you can get help only if the shipment is missing) as paypal will again freeze both accounts if you talk about flash card.

so you can't use the customer protection advantages of paypal. in this case just go with a pre-paid card and a reputable site. that is what i did.

also buy the supercard dstwo, you won't be disappointed.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
paypal isn't monitoring your transactions that way. they aren't watching each and every word that is typed between seller and buyer. resellers were being extremely paranoid when they started to only accept payments with the part number as the subject. it later came out that nintendo was sending letters after they won the r4 lawsuit.

-another world

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
paypal isn't monitoring your transactions that way. they aren't watching each and every word that is typed between seller and buyer. resellers were being extremely paranoid when they started to only accept payments with the part number as the subject. it later came out that nintendo was sending letters after they won the r4 lawsuit.

-another world

thanks for the info. paypal won't let any transaction between you and the seller if it contains the words flash card, r4 etc. that was i what i meant when i said you can't write what you are buying.

you (or they) can't write what you are buying in the invoice as paypal will freeze both accounts in that case.

unfortunately it will be hard for you to get your money back without these words if you are cheated.

paypal's customer protection is nearly perfect so it is a big loss we can't take advantage of this while buying flash cards.

Hazardous24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies, I know the Acekard doesn't get firmware updates anymore but from what I understand it should be okay for a DS Lite. Please correct me if i'm wrong though.
Also, I ended up going on nds-card and arranging a payment through paypal with them.
The point of getting an Acekard for me is to get a decent product but still not have to pay too much.
Down the line though I probably will end up getting a Supercard DSTwo(Hearing a ton of good things about it) but for now i'm hoping the Acekard should do everything I need it to, if it ever shows up in the first place that is.

In the event that I do choose to buy a supercard dstwo, any recommendations about where I should buy it?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If you're set on the AK2i, I got one from Gamespree in Canada. The shipping's almost $10 by itself, so it'll run you $30.

I would suggest getting a Supercard DSTwo or waiting for mature 3DS flash carts to come out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol