Where can I buy an AceKard with paypal?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Hazardous24, May 26, 2013.

1. Hazardous24
    OP

Hazardous24 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2013
    United States
    Bradenton, Florida
    Everywhere I've been so far for some reason requires a Visa.(Not going to trust a bankcard with a person from another country)
    Help is much appreciated!

-edit-
    Sorry, nevermind. I didn't realize carts were considered illegal now and that paypal blocks transactions in relations to them.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It's not that they're considered illegal, it's that paypal/ebay doesn't like them, so they choose to freeze accounts that deal with them.

Paypal's not a bank, after all, so they're not subject to the same laws and regulations. They do this crap all the time to stuff they personally don't like.

3. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    Use a prepaid visa card.

4. kumpandjill

kumpandjill GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    United States
    I've been in a similar situation... you have options, though. If your money is actually in the PayPal account, have it taken out and sent to you. If not, get a prepaid card and simply use that.

5. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    a lot of resellers still accept paypal but they do not make that fact public. try e-mail them and asking.

-another world

6. spataroalan
    This message by spataroalan has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 4, 2013.
    May 27, 2013
  7. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    it did ...in the long run, it's better to go with a Supercard DSTWO

8. ryanlaw
    This message by ryanlaw has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    May 27, 2013
  9. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    let's say you emailed them and they gave you a paypal mail for order. you (or they) can't write what you are buying in the invoice as paypal will freeze both accounts in that case.

if you get a problem in the order, you can't get help from paypal (maybe you can get help only if the shipment is missing) as paypal will again freeze both accounts if you talk about flash card.

so you can't use the customer protection advantages of paypal. in this case just go with a pre-paid card and a reputable site. that is what i did.

also buy the supercard dstwo, you won't be disappointed.

10. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    paypal isn't monitoring your transactions that way. they aren't watching each and every word that is typed between seller and buyer. resellers were being extremely paranoid when they started to only accept payments with the part number as the subject. it later came out that nintendo was sending letters after they won the r4 lawsuit.

-another world

11. reprep

Jul 5, 2012
    thanks for the info. paypal won't let any transaction between you and the seller if it contains the words flash card, r4 etc. that was i what i meant when i said you can't write what you are buying.

unfortunately it will be hard for you to get your money back without these words if you are cheated.

paypal's customer protection is nearly perfect so it is a big loss we can't take advantage of this while buying flash cards.

12. kumpandjill

kumpandjill GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    United States
    I'm sure you can get one from someone on here?

If not, craigslist? (if you're in a decently-populated area)

13. Hazardous24
    OP

Hazardous24 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2013
    United States
    Bradenton, Florida
    Thanks for all the replies, I know the Acekard doesn't get firmware updates anymore but from what I understand it should be okay for a DS Lite. Please correct me if i'm wrong though.
    Also, I ended up going on nds-card and arranging a payment through paypal with them.
    The point of getting an Acekard for me is to get a decent product but still not have to pay too much.
    Down the line though I probably will end up getting a Supercard DSTwo(Hearing a ton of good things about it) but for now i'm hoping the Acekard should do everything I need it to, if it ever shows up in the first place that is.

In the event that I do choose to buy a supercard dstwo, any recommendations about where I should buy it?

14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Or a R4i Gold if you're a cheapskate.

15. reprep

Jul 5, 2012
    realhotstuff.hk is a good place to buy. i use my supercard dstwo both on my ds and 3ds. it is a great card.

16. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    If you're set on the AK2i, I got one from Gamespree in Canada. The shipping's almost $10 by itself, so it'll run you $30.

I would suggest getting a Supercard DSTwo or waiting for mature 3DS flash carts to come out.