Hardware Where can I buy a WODE jukebox?

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
OP
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
I know It is basically obsolete nowadays, most if all of the things that it offered can be done using homebrew.
I just want to buy it because it is an important part of wii hacking history... and I haven’t been able to find it anywhere...
Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Vila_,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know It is basically obsolete nowadays, most if all of the things that it offered can be done using homebrew.
I just want to buy it because it is an important part of wii hacking history... and I haven’t been able to find it anywhere...
Thanks for reading.
- vila
The closest thing I could find still in stock having a quick look at shop01media is SunDisk: https://www.shop01media.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=278_307&product_id=830
Or the larger model: https://www.shop01media.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=278_307&product_id=828
It's similar in function but it only loads from onboard memory.
Shop01media is usually the one place to find all sorts of hard to find modchip and modding related items, so when they don't have it, I doubt any other stores do.

The WiiKey Fusion and to a lesser degree the WODE have been popular in portable GameCube mods, as the disc drive on the GC is too bulky for a small portable mod and those two could be modded to work with GC hardware. The WiiKey Fusion is a lot easier to mod to work with that IIRC, so it was the more popular choice, leading to them becoming hard to find, which left the next best choice as the WODE. Therefore it's probably very difficult to find either of them now. I do have a WODE but it's installed in my Wii and I really don't feel like taking it apart again. But maybe you'll get lucky on eBay or something.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Shop01media is usually the one place to find all sorts of hard to find modchip and modding related items
Agreed... AND they dropped a lot of products from their listings about 2 years ago

As for Gamecube there are two dedicated ODEs in development (and one is very promising), but that's it - no product for the public or even the Tiny Solderer yet

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So does this SunDisk work on banner-bricked Wiis?
If you enter recovery mode (hold all 4 arrows on gamecube controller 4, unless you changed the button combo with a Priiloader* or StartPatch patch) you can autoboot a disc with the titleID starting with a 0, which apart from working around the fault, you can use Smash Stack or other game exploits# to run homebrew to solve the issue

* why are you bothering with this method then? ;)

# by running as many autoboot-patched discs to fill the nand, so the next game to save will open the Wii Menu directly on the data management screen, from where you can install a traditional save exploit

(if you have a trucha-enabled Wii Menu IOS you can also run a homebrew disc via recovery in the first place, of course one with a titleid starting in 0)

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you enter recovery mode (hold all 4 arrows on gamecube controller 4, unless you changed the button combo with a Priiloader* or StartPatch patch) you can autoboot a disc with the titleID starting with a 0, which apart from working around the fault, you can use Smash Stack or other game exploits# to run homebrew to solve the issue

* why are you bothering with this method then? ;)

# by running as many autoboot-patched discs to fill the nand, so the next game to save will open the Wii Menu directly on the data management screen, from where you can install a traditional save exploit

(if you have a trucha-enabled Wii Menu IOS you can also run a homebrew disc via recovery in the first place, of course one with a titleid starting in 0)
How would I know which ones start with a title ID of 0? Also, I'm in quite a pickle, as I'm on 4.3U already with no BootMii or Priiloader.

I have a thread on this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/modded-wii-4-3u-permanently-bricked.545242/

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How would I know which ones start with a title ID of 0?
No commercial discs do, you need to edit the titleID at the very start of the iso before burning (fi you're going to use a chip, of course - with WODE or those weird stream-isos-from-PC chips that were around for a time you just mount the virtual disc; I don't think the SunDriver is a good choice here because you may not be able to set its selection menu to autoboot)

WillWiiWodeWare

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for reading.

Hey mate,

I saw your post while looking up the Wii mod that my mum installed over a decade ago now. I've got a Wode Jukebox that I'd be willing to sell to you for a price much more reasonable than £250... More along the lines of $75USD. I can't send a private message since I made an account just for this but let me know if you'd be interested in buying, at the moment it's just taking up space in my 1 bedroom flat. :'D

Best regards,
Will

By the way, I'd be happy to verify the item by writing on a piece of paper next to it or any other method you know, since I understand this might be coming across a bit dodgy. I really do love that you want to collect it as a 'heritage' item and would rather sell it to you than some guy who doesn't appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1