Hacking Where can I buy a stand alone Slot 2 for my itouchds?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EZFlash 3in1 expansion pack. $20 USD on dealextreme.com with free shipping. GBA. rumble and webbrowser RAM.

Although it's not stand alone in the sense the iTouch DS is. You load your games to the 3in1 using the iTouch and then you can boot it same as though it were a regular GBA cartridge. If you want a stand alone cart, you'll need an M3 or SuperCard, most likely.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You might also consider an eWin 2in1 GBA expansion cart from psxboy.com for around $14 shipped. It doesn't have the crappy rumble that the EZ 3in1 has. It also doesn't use NOR memory but rather it has twice as much of the faster volatile memory than the EZ 3in1, which means that it can load larger GBA games into the faster memory and also means that it has twice the memory available for the browser and homebrew than the EZ 3in1.

As underpressure116 mentioned, the main advantage of the EZ 3in1 is that you can load a single GBA game into the NOR memory and it will remain there when you shut off your NDS, so you can run that game repeatedly as if it were a regular GBA cartridge. I don't know how many people actually use that feature, considering it takes 1 to 2 minutes to store the game to the NOR memory and only a few seconds to load it through the faster volatile memory (larger GBA games MUST be loaded through the NOR memory because it doesn't have enough of the faster memory to load them).

Anyway...if the NOR memory is important to you, and worth the extra complexity, extra cost, and lower amount of faster volatile memory, get the EZ 3in1. Otherwise, the eWin is cheaper, simpler, and has more of the faster memory.

-Bri

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
krazykirk said:
You can just go with a EZ-Flash IV Compact.

It is a standalone cart, and has a slot for a microsd card. Only $17 too.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11178

If you flash your ds, you can boot this by itself and run GBA and DS roms fine.
The EZ-Flash IV Compact has limited gba-compability and can only run games smaller than 8 MB (largest Gba-games are at 32 MB).

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
harrybuttox said:
What do I need to flash my DS?

If you don't know, you're probably better off with a GBA expansion cart like the EZ 3in1 or eWin 2in1 mentioned earlier in this thread.

-Bri

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
krazykirk said:
You can just go with a EZ-Flash IV Compact.

It is a standalone cart, and has a slot for a microsd card. Only $17 too.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11178

If you flash your ds, you can boot this by itself and run GBA and DS roms fine.
The EZ-Flash IV Compact has limited gba-compability and can only run games smaller than 8 MB (largest Gba-games are at 32 MB).
Ah. I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water