Hacking Where Can I Buy a Sky3DS or Gateway for a Cheap Price?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 63,928
  • Replies 68
D

Deleted User

OP
We're currently preparing to sell our house and move, so we're trying to save money in any way shape or form when we buy things, and I want to know where I can buy, preferably, a Sky3DS for cheap. Or a Gateway. But I personally prefer Sky3DS over Gateway.
I don't care if they ship out of Canada or not, if there's cheap or free options for shipping, that's also rad. B^)

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could go to the official websites (Gateway or Sky3DS) and check the prices for each cart one by one on the reseller list, remembering to take into account shipping

Alternatively, you could use http://shoptemp.net/, the shop aggregator for GBATemp, which might not net you the lowest price but gives you places a bit more reputable to buy from.

Girouette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could find one of the Red button SKY3DS for cheap, everywhere I look they're still pretty expensive.

Wish flashcarts were a little bit more affordable, but I guess they pay for themselves.

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest ModChipsDirect for both cards. (Sky3ds $84.99, Gateway $64.99) They don't have the cheapest price but they have fast shipping! I got my sky in 3 days after ordering which was worth the slightly higher price instead of paying less but waiting for weeks.

What type of 3ds do you have? That would change which card I would have gotten. I have the N3DS so I got sky but I would have gone for Gateway if I had any other 3DS/2DS.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could find one of the Red button SKY3DS for cheap, everywhere I look they're still pretty expensive.

Wish flashcarts were a little bit more affordable, but I guess they pay for themselves.
You do not want a red button sky except for a backup and only if it is like $10. Lots of problems with that thing.

We're currently preparing to sell our house and move, so we're trying to save money in any way shape or form when we buy things, and I want to know where I can buy, preferably, a Sky3DS for cheap. Or a Gateway. But I personally prefer Sky3DS over Gateway.
I don't care if they ship out of Canada or not, if there's cheap or free options for shipping, that's also rad. B^)
If your 3DS can run the gateway you will have far fewer headaches with it than a sky. Used as intended it is very simple to setup and use. It only gets complex when you try and become a power user. On top of that it is substantially cheaper than a sky. :)

D

Deleted User

OP
Only place you might find one cheaper than retail is on Craigslist for your area. Bit of a crap shoot.
Yeah, that's what I had thought.
I feel kinda guilty when buying offa Craigslist though, because sometimes stuff sold there is stolen, and just the thought of buying stolen shit makes me feel... off?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably wait to buy a sky3ds until it's blocked; so that I can spend less on it, and instead spend the difference on a hardmod.

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... I don't know what I think about this, really...

I don't think a sky + hard mod would be the best or easiest way to go for what you are wanting. I would say if you are on Firmware 9.2 or less with your 3ds XL then you should get a Gateway but, if you are above Firmware 9.2 < 9.5 only Sky will work, unless you are willing to wait for a Gateway update.

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't think a sky + hard mod would be the best or easiest way to go for what you are wanting. I would say if you are on Firmware 9.2 or less with your 3ds XL then you should get a Gateway but, if you are above Firmware 9.2 < 9.5 only Sky will work, unless you are willing to wait for a Gateway update.

Yeah, I'm on the latest firmware, which is why I prefer Sky3DS.

uk3dsannoyeduser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought 2 gateways from yeahgeek and they were brilliant. Really cheap, a week to UK and both cards worked perfectly.

Had ordered 2 from new3dscard.co.uk but they sent me one faulty card instead and asked me to return it to china! Assbags.

MrStoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm on the latest firmware, which is why I prefer Sky3DS.

If you are above 9.2 firmware, gateway is not an option for you, regardless of what you prefer. It doesn't work now and it probably wont for the forseeable future. Sky3ds or maybe the new Supercard once its out are your only options.

Spaqin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey,

I will be specific about my question - I'm looking for a Gateway (as cheapest as possible of course) and the shop must 1) send to Poland, 2) accept Bitcoin. I don't have real money for the card and I don't want to convert btc to usd because that's in grey area here and possibly I will have to pay taxes (which is again something undesirable).
There was one shop (playmods) that advertised themselves as bitcoin accepting, but their payment system was broken, they couldn't fix it in a week and now they're sold out.

[EDIT]
I found out that Eurasia.nu fullfills my requirements. What do you think about that shop?

MrStoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I will be specific about my question - I'm looking for a Gateway (as cheapest as possible of course) and the shop must 1) send to Poland, 2) accept Bitcoin. I don't have real money for the card and I don't want to convert btc to usd because that's in grey area here and possibly I will have to pay taxes (which is again something undesirable).
There was one shop (playmods) that advertised themselves as bitcoin accepting, but their payment system was broken, they couldn't fix it in a week and now they're sold out.

[EDIT]
I found out that Eurasia.nu fullfills my requirements. What do you think about that shop?

Try to get in contact with the guys from http://www.gateway-3ds.eu
They ship from Poland so it would be perfect for you. Maybe they accept bitcoin if you ask them.

Edit: They are an official reseller so you won't have to worry about fakes.

Girouette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do not want a red button sky except for a backup and only if it is like $10. Lots of problems with that thing.

If your 3DS can run the gateway you will have far fewer headaches with it than a sky. Used as intended it is very simple to setup and use. It only gets complex when you try and become a power user. On top of that it is substantially cheaper than a sky. :)

Yeah, I can't run gateway since one of my relatives updated my console without asking me -_-, i also can't affored 90 for a current one and don't need more than what the red button has.

Wish I could find it for 10$ somewhere, would buy it in an instant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended