where can I buy a Hackable PSP and the stuffs I need to hack?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by C175R, Jan 13, 2010.

1. C175R
    OP

Member C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    So I want to get a PSP. but if I'm gona get it, I want one that is Hackable.
    PSP Go is not been hacked right? So which one is the BEST one in graphics quality,battery life, etc that is hackable and where can I buy it?and also the stuffs I need to hack it. If possible new.
    Also If I connect the PSP to the PS3, and play it on my PS3 I can play it with the PS3 controller or I have to play it with the PSP? also will the graphics will look better like PS3 quality or no?
    By hacking a PSP, will I be able to play another region games?
    please help!

PS: also If I buy a used one, is there any way to tell if the system is been hacked already? and what are the differences between 1000, 2000, and 3000?does it say on the back on the battery which one is it?

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-misc-guid...p-hackable.html

And you can tell if its already hacked by going to System and seeing if it has official firmware or custom firmware

PSP Go is a no no right now.

PSP 1000 has less ram to load, bad motion blur (fairly bad on fast moving games and 3D titles) and also takes more battery.
    PSP 2000 has twice the ram so games load quicker and homebrew work better but but still has a little motion blur though its nowhere near as bad as the 1000.
    PSP 3000 not sure what is improved. It can be hacked with ChickHEN but you have to always have it in sleep mode as if you turn it off it loses data or something (as far as I know, there could be other methods.)

PS3 graphics? Even the PSP Go wont reach PS2 quality seeing its below the PS2 specs.

You can play any region, its a region free handheld regardless of whether its been hacked or not.

3. C175R
    OP

United States
    Oo i see lol I didn't knwo about that. I thought maybe the graphics will improve since its connected to the PS3 [​IMG]
    anyway what do they mean by creates pandora? what is that?

4. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    It´s dificult.

Now, the PSPs are 2000v3 and 3000 without OFW 5.03 (non hackable).

5. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Pandora is a battery that makes it easy to hack a PSP so you can put custom firmware on but I think it only works on PSP 1000/2000.

From what I understand ChickHEN works in around the same way.

I've never hacked a PSP with Pandora so my knowledge is very low, when I first got a PSP 1000, it was already hacked so never had to do anything other than update firmware. I'm new to ChickHEN seeing I only just went back on the seen like last week so my knowledge isn't great.

6. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    The games will use the PSP hardware to run, not the PS3, also, the textures are designed for the PSP hardware, no mater how "amazing" the PS3 hardware is.

A pandora battery is a special hacked battery ( i think only 1000 and some 2000 batteries can be hacked) or bought. It let you put the PSP in service mode and downgrade to 1.50, then you can install CFW.

7. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Oh yeah I think the official firmware can't be no higher than 5.03.

8. sadak5

Mexico
    If the PSP model is fully hackable, you don't need to be in 5.03. If is a 3000 or not fully hackable (except GO), only 5.03 can be softhacked

9. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Oh? I thought that if you were on higher official firmware that you couldn't do the ChickHEN method. Anyway as I said I'm still new to this.

10. C175R
    OP

United States
    hmm i see. so is there any place that stills sells PSP 2000 that are hackable? or better than that, any websites that Already sells a hacked PSP? since Im really confuse with this PSP motherboard and if its hackable or not and all the stuffs... [​IMG]

11. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    eBay? Other than that stores that sell used goods but I have no idea if the places in your country would rip you off.

12. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    I would say do a search on Craigslist. You can find 1000s/2000s for $100-$120 or cheaper if you can haggle the price. Most owners of a 1000 or 2000 will know whether or not its hacked/hackable. If they say they don't just see if you can get him to read off the first few letters of a serial to see if its a hackable model. Just be careful, meet in a public place and make sure it works. If the guy says its modded check the system info and make sure.

13. sadak5

Mexico
    ChickHen is specific for 5.03, the other ones are using either the M33 installer, Despertar del cementerio v8 or Xgen updater (depending of the firmware version)

14. C175R
    OP

United States
    Will do. how can I check If it is hacked or not? does someone in here has an image of the one that its hacked and the original one? or what does it exactly say if it is hacked and if it is the original one?

15. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
  16. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    C175R,

I hate EVERYTHING you post about, even if it's just a reply. You fail. How do you miss every bit of information the web gives you about this topic and any other topics... jesus facepalms because of you every morning when he eats breakfast.

Wynd

17. C175R
    OP

United States
    If you hate it, Just leave. Did I ask YOU to come here?
    No.
    Am I holding you so can stay here?
    No.
    Did I ask for any of your stupid quotes of "jesus facepalms because of you every morning when he eats breakfast."
    No.
    now GTFO and don't come back. [​IMG]

18. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
  19. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    There is a seller on eBay in AU that sells pre hacked PSP 2000 with 4Gb Memory sticks and USB cable. Very reliable and honest seller. Have dealt ith him several times. However, I do not know if he sends to the US nor do I know if you are interested in an AU Seller.

There is also an eBay seller in Hong Komg selling many new PSP 2000 BUT I do not know if they are hackable or not.

Also, you can always ask them what firmware version they are on before you buy on eBay. That is what I use to do. If they are nder version 4.00 then I beleive the PSP 2000 is definitely 100% hackable. If they came back with anything ending in M33 then I also knew it was pre hacked.

I purchased 2 x pre hacked PSP on eBay and one that was not but was 100% hackable and I used Pandora Battery to hack it.

20. C175R
    OP

United States
    okk thanks everyone who actually HELPED. and didn't just came here to be some Smart-ass.