Hardware Where can I buy a GB SP?

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Schlupi said:
Schizoanalysis said:
AGS-101 Metallic Black does not exist.

If you read the listing, they say "new case" -- they CHANGED the shell, so it is not an original shell.

They DO exist. Just because not ALL sites document them doesn't mean anything.

I know for a fact it was released in the USA for a short time after the Pearl models and also in the European territories.

Shiiiit, Wikipedia doesn't mention the Pikachu edition SP does that mean the Pokemon Center never sold that either?

EDIT: Although you're right. This shell is replaced according to the auction. That is a fact.

Show me a source that says "Metallic Black" is a real AGS-101 color.

Not "Graphite" (which is), but, as you claim, "Metallic Black".

And not a hack shell change one.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
Graphite, Onyx, Metallic Black... Any chance it's all the same damn SP? >.>

Pretty sure Onyx was a flat black and had the frontlit screen.

Graphite is the AGS-101 backlit screen. It is a very dark metallic gray, and is close enough to black that you won't care.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you are telling someone to look for color that was never a real backlit model, you will confuse the hell out of people.

If you want a backlit model, look for Graphite (or the pearl pink/blue ones)

As of yet, there is still no source that there ever was a real "metallic black" one, as Schlupi vehemently claimed. So untill he/she/it provides the source, stick with searching for a Graphite one.

And if you look for Onyx, you will only find crappy frontlit ones.

And I wouldn't buy one with a shell change -- you never know in what ways they messed it up while changing the shell.

TheInsomniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is no black version in AGS-101 series?, awww.

I'm probably going to get a GB Micro. I would love the japanese Final Fantasy IV edition, so fucking sexy. If I'm lucky enough I will find it.

Also, I should have said that I don't live in the United States, I live in South America, so those bids aren't going to help me now that I noticed they don't ship here.

edit: oh wow, the only one on eBay is $200. I'm never gonna get a nice GB micro or SP =(

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheInsomniac said:

I'm probably going to get a GB Micro. I would love the japanese Final Fantasy IV edition, so fucking sexy. If I'm lucky enough I will find it.

Just get Graphite. It is like a gunmetal dark grey color.

It is probably what Schlupi meant when he said "Metallic Black", all I can assume is that he doesn't know the correct retail name for it, or he doesn't know what Graphite is... and that he likes backing up his invalid arguments with imaginary sources...

D

Deleted-236924

TheInsomniac said:
2) The damn headphones. Like, seriously?, It was all perfect and green until I noticed you need to buy an accesory if you want to plug in your headphones... just wow. And this leads me to my third point.
Good thing I have two of those.
smile.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
TheInsomniac said:

Just get Graphite. It is like a gunmetal dark grey color.

It is probably what Schlupi meant when he said "Metallic Black", all I can assume is that he doesn't know the correct retail name for it, or he doesn't know what Graphite is... and that he likes backing up his invalid arguments with imaginary sources...

I am willing to admit when I am wrong. this is one of those times.

I AM IN FACT thinking of the Graphite colour. You're right Bro, sorry for being stupid. Didn't mean to upset you.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheInsomniac said:

Also, I should have said that I don't live in the United States, I live in South America, so those bids aren't going to help me now that I noticed they don't ship here.

edit: oh wow, the only one on eBay is $200. I'm never gonna get a nice GB micro or SP =(
Like I said, my brother has a blue and a black SP that he would be willing to sell. He's telling me that the black hinge is loose so that's up to you, but I'm sure he'll give you a far better deal than eBay.

Melter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a game boy micro and I love it. It has nice metal housing which feels very durable. I have the all black version (black faceplate and black housing)

TheInsomniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
TheInsomniac said:

Like I said, my brother has a blue and a black SP that he would be willing to sell. He's telling me that the black hinge is loose so that's up to you, but I'm sure he'll give you a far better deal than eBay.

Thanks, but I'm talking with some guy I know, he will ask some guys if they have an AGS-101, I'll tell you if he founds it or not later. If not I'm just gonna get a Game boy micro, they are more common and cheaper.

Thanks to all of you guys anyway, you have been very helpful with this thing, I really want to play all those great games (and yes, I'm totally going to play Mother 3).

gbasp2.gif

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My personal suggestion would be to get a AGS-101 in bad condition(but that still works) for around 30-35$ and change the case with one of these. Very cheap and nice quality. And it's really not that hard to swap case. It's what I did and my SP is smexy new
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021