Where can I buy a gameboy advanced replacement LCD.

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Nectronic, May 8, 2014.

1. Nectronic
    OP

Nectronic Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2014
    Canada
    My screen broke in a recent move. I know I can probably buy a new one for the same price. It has sentimental value so I don't want to buy another one. I want to fix the one I already own.

2. Ozito

Ozito Not a new member anymore

Mar 20, 2006
    Sweden
  3. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
  4. Nusdogg

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Minus well do a backlit screen upgrade. There's kit on eBay from China from 40.00-60.00.

5. TCJJ

TCJJ GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    If it's indeed a GBA and not a GBA SP, I, too, would recommend doing the backlight mod whilst you're at it. It's fairly simple, although you'll need a soldering iron and some basic soldering skills. You can get the kits along with the screens on eBay. There are also regular, non-backlit screens for the GBA available on eBay to replace the existing one. If you have a GBA SP and it's a backlit model (AGS-101), the same applies - screens are available on eBay. Unfortunately, the front-lit AGS-001 GBA SP is a little trickier. Screens ARE available though - I personally bought one about two months ago. For those, you can check eBay, or go have a look on AliExpress. Just be aware that a LOT of people on AliExpress sell them in bulk, so you may have to look around for a bit to find someone who doesn't (they do exist, though). Also, people on AliExpress will sell all the other aforementioned stuff as well. It's a perfectly legit site (well, as much as eBay, anyway), although shipping can take a bit for some of the screens.