pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello guys,
i want to buy a new white wii u which firmware is under 5.4. Im scared that i buy one with > 5.4 and maybe there is a shop where i can ship it back if its > 5.4.

Thanks in advance! :)

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's brand new, and not opened, it should match the firmware in the thread. If it's used, you can always pm the seller and ask them firmware version. The seller doesn't give a damn if you wanna hack your Wii U, all they wanna do is make money.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
By the sounds of things Nintendo certainly got there arses in gear quickly to make sure new bundles are now over the 5.3.2FW threshold in the shops, it didn't take long cause as far as I knew there was still bundles on the 5.1.2FW out there but now none, amazing! think about it there was only 2 updates past the 5.3.2 so they had to move quick. Myself, I'm very surprised I would of thought there would of been a ton of models 5.3.2 or below brand new out there still selling? lets face it the wiiu was not exactly a top seller but now I bet there flying out the shops, well any on 5.3.2 or below! bet you Golden45 & Co. has sold so many units for Nintendo nowadays I bet they can't keep up in the factory cause of the demand :lol:

Edit: funny enough I bet Sony & Microsoft always argue at this point in time, saying to each other "this always happens to us, Nintendo's flagship models always start off selling crap but soon as that exploit is found were history!!!, we don't get a look in! damn you.... Nintendo stop sneaking that entry point in, in one of your updates, we know what your up to! :teach: "

Edit: Nintendo's Answer:- "So Mr Nintendo President what do you think about the WiiU being fully hacked?, have you not learnt from previous models?" "... Yes, well, its bloody awful we don't condone piracy at all here at Nintendo head quarters but were selling a lot of units and making loads of money! :D "

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If it's brand new, and not opened, it should match the firmware in the thread. If it's used, you can always pm the seller and ask them firmware version. The seller doesn't give a damn if you wanna hack your Wii U, all they wanna do is make money.
Isnt it possible that old bundles which where released 2013 but produced 2015 have a higher firmware than 5.3.2?

descac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be safe with any bundle up to Splatoon.

Isnt it possible that old bundles which where released 2013 but produced 2015 have a higher firmware than 5.3.2?
It's possible. You should also be wary of low prices for it might be a refurbished Wii U.

Last edited by descac,

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since they are powered by magic...(that was the answer posted in another thread)
It is possible they shipped with 3.1.1 and turned themselves on in the box and updated....lól
@Reecey Hacking the console didn't spike the sales at all. Releasing first party titles did. Hacking a console kills sales. Online cheating takes place once a console is hacked and there is absolutely no legit gamer that like online cheaters. Once it becomes as bad as the wii with online cheating that console will be dead.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Well since they are powered by magic...(that was the answer posted in another thread)
It is possible they shipped with 3.1.1 and turned themselves on in the box and updated....lól
@Reecey Hacking the console didn't spike the sales at all. Releasing first party titles did. Hacking a console kills sales. Online cheating takes place once a console is hacked and there is absolutely no legit gamer that like online cheaters. Once it becomes as bad as the wii with online cheating that console will be dead.
I know that man I was just having a bit of fun chill, liven up stop being so serious in all your comments! ;) Its just Nintendo do seem to always sneak these entry points in there updates, now whether its done accidentally or intentionally I don't know but it seems to happen very often and conveniently to all there units sometime in there life cycles!:)

Last edited by Reecey,

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bundles with physical disc are going to have whatever fw version the disc has or less. (If new/sealed.). I agree with the previous post and say they to find a new/old stock skylanders bundle. It will be fw 2.x I believe. The box should show copyright 2012/2013 on it. Impossible for it to have 5.x on it since it didn't exist yet.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The bundles with physical disc are going to have whatever fw version the disc has or less. (If new/sealed.). I agree with the previous post and say they to find a new/old stock skylanders bundle. It will be fw 2.x I believe. The box should show copyright 2012/2013 on it. Impossible for it to have 5.x on it since it didn't exist yet.
I just bought a Just Dance 2014 bundle, since it is easier to ship to my Country.

D

Deleted-355425

You could always email Nintendo and ask which bundles have an exploitable firmware then buy one from their online store.

Reactions: ByteBite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended