Where are you going/would like to go on holidays?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,785
  • Replies 59

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soy sauce with wasabi added, don't forget that ;)

That is a valid concern in China where they do anything just to save a few cents. Like make eggs and rice out of plastic. Just check this video:
However in Japan I don't think it's a problem. I'm pretty sure they don't eat cats and dogs or anything like that, and they seem to pride themselves on their food.

See ? That's my point too.

For Japan, you don't think it is a problem ? No proof so you never know. I will avoid them for my life, nah.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a few places I'd like to go some day.

United Kingdom because I want to see a little bit what it's like and because I want to meet friends.
France - Mainly to see a castle or two, but I wouldn't mind meeting my French friends either.
Canada - Meeting friends, but I also want to see what kind of country it is. It seems pretty nice.
Germany - I need to see more castles there.

And then there's Japan, which I know for sure I'm going to again.

Try Azores island (peaceful and friendly people) or Portugal ( history and colourful).. Beautiful places to go and beers, wine and foods are cheap!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And buy used panties from a vending machine? :creep:
I've had a lot of good ramen and udon in Singapore, I'd like to think the Japanese food there is authentic. There are Japanese restaurants everywhere of varying quality, a lot of which are excellent. Also a lot of great food from pretty much every Asian country. Thai, Indonesian, Malay, Japanese, Chinese, Indian food and so on. If you like food it's like heaven, I could recommend going there :D
Also you can get a great dinner there for like $2-$4 from one of the food courts, they have all kinds of Asian food and they're almost all great. The restaurants are even better.
Umm i'm a guy so no i wouldn't be looking for panties, not even USED ONES. :wtf:

Still i dunno much about their cuisine but i do like soup, i just want a chance at some real ramen, instead of instant noodles, Eating nothing but pasta and broth, seem kinda lame after all these years, is just maybe want something more like meat and veggies and such. Same thing i feel about cambells soups in a can. I used to go to the Chinese restaurant and order House special lo-mein and half chicken, and add it to my soup, having lo-mien noodles, some various veggies and chicken, beef, shrimp and pork was a nice touch to chicken broth. :grog:

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm i'm a guy so no i wouldn't be looking for panties, not even USED ONES. :wtf:

Still i dunno much about their cuisine but i do like soup, i just want a chance at some real ramen, instead of instant noodles, Eating nothing but pasta and broth, seem kinda lame after all these years, is just maybe want something more like meat and veggies and such. Same thing i feel about cambells soups in a can. I used to go to the Chinese restaurant and order House special lo-mein and half chicken, and add it to my soup, having lo-mien noodles, some various veggies and chicken, beef, shrimp and pork was a nice touch to chicken broth. :grog:
Everytime someone mentions Japan my dad won't stop talking about getting real ramen

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Panties are for girls, silly :P
Oooh that looks cool! It'll be awhile before I can go anywhere though haha
Maybe(hopefully) someday!
Watch this (I translated it with subs for the convenience of everyone who wants or might want to go to TG):
It sums it up pretty well.
See ? That's my point too.

For Japan, you don't think it is a problem ? No proof so you never know. I will avoid them for my life, nah.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try Azores island (peaceful and friendly people) or Portugal ( history and colourful).. Beautiful places to go and beers, wine and foods are cheap!
Well, if it was a problem you'd sure be able to find videos and posts of it. Don't worry for no reason. If you've heard something bad about a specific country, look it up and judge for yourself. If not, then no point in judging that country for no reason.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted User

OP
United Kingdom because I want to see a little bit what it's like and because I want to meet friends.
It's quite nice over here, I live in a coastal town not far from the seafront in the southeast of England and it's pretty cool to live here. ^^'

Reactions: vinstage

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
It's quite nice over here, I live in a coastal town not far from the seafront in the southeast of England and it's pretty cool to live here. ^^'
Oh really? I mean, I live in a town on the southcoast, more so southeast, so Sussex. It's pretty nice here, ;P

I grew up in a seaside town so pretty beaches won't be anything new, however Japan sounds interesting... America also. However I think I'd be fine with just a simple trip to Birmingham again, because that was pretty fun. Travelling to different parts of the UK would be classified as my kind of holiday, although I think there's a plan for Tenerife soon, either that or a Lodge in Norridge.

Last edited by vinstage,
Reactions: Deleted User

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wife's Japanese (naturalized US citizen now, but still Japanese), so we do a vacation to Japan about every 2 years. Otherwise I think she'd go crazy. And, our daughter needs to see her grandparents. This is an 'off' year, so we'll probably do a subdued 3-4 day trip somewhere this August, maybe Cincinnati for the zoo and a Reds game. But basically it's just saving up right now. My wife and daughter typically go a couple weeks ahead of me to visit with the in-laws and my wife's old friends, then I catch up with them for another two weeks of touring around by Shinkansen. Wanna see $20k go *poof*?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm Canadian, and I've been to Cuba, USA (parts of it, Colorado for a wedding, NYC for fun, Washington,DC for fun, South Carolina to visit my gf/future mother in law), Florida (Disneyworld trip when I was young)), Hong Kong, China (Guangdong to see family - seriously, my dad's sisters are totally awesome)...

My dream trip would be Italy/Rome. Kind of a "Eat, Pray, Love" moment as well. Although, I'd be very very very very lost in there...I have no grasp of the romance languages.

D

Deleted User

OP
Umm i'm a guy so no i wouldn't be looking for panties, not even USED ONES.
Sure, sure, let's wait tiil you arrive in Japan then you will even buy that whole machine.
Jokes aside, i want to taste real Onigri and Shrimps and also sushi, takoyaki and ramen.
Nothing beats R E A L R A M E N

D

Deleted User

OP
Ummm Everybody's mom's home cook soup? :P

Still, probably many stuff i never got to eat, not like japanese stores around where i live, new york may not be as japanese cultured as some other states in america. :(
I have sushi bar below my house, I should go there with my family. Other than that, japanese stores are just null here. Yes you can see those manga shops selling figurines, japanese junk food etc. here but that's all, really.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm going to London next week for the weekend, maybe a few days in Berlin during May, in Senegal in October and I'm going to spend christmas in Sweden.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have sushi bar below my house, I should go there with my family. Other than that, japanese stores are just null here. Yes you can see those manga shops selling figurines, japanese junk food etc. here but that's all, really.
Below your house? You have personal japanese store? You holding people hostage in the basement? :P

So far i only have chinese stores, though their prices are expensive and one time i think they got a B on the health inspection, but i guess is hard when is a open buffet, maintain A rank is difficult. Still i like the house special soup, lo-mien, and now i like eating egg foo young with dumpling sauce. :D

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would like to go skiing in Colorado and stay in a cabin out there. I also heard some things are legal there. B-)

K

KingpinSlim

OP
I have a few places I'd like to go some day.

France - Mainly to see a castle or two, but I wouldn't mind meeting my French friends either.
Canada - Meeting friends, but I also want to see what kind of country it is. It seems pretty nice.
Germany - I need to see more castles there.

And then there's Japan, which I know for sure I'm going to again.

If you really want to see something rather curious, related to Castles, visit "Kassel" in Germany.
Possibly the smallest castle in the world, with perhaps the smallest Maze in the world in front of it.
But a little bit higher up the mountain is a giant statue of Hercules. Why would a german city have a giant statue of Hercules, you ask?
None of that makes any sense to you? Not to me either, but it sure is interesting.

Also... i always wanted to visit italy. I love pasta, pizza and cheese.
So maybe i should visit the Emilia Romana?
But oh well... i spend all my money on old hardware, so none of that is financially feasible in the foreseeable future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)