Where are my saves? Can't update loader-EZ4 lite

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by ole jason, Jun 23, 2006.

Jun 23, 2006
  1. ole jason
    OP

Member ole jason GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    It appears my EZ4L isn't putting anything in the 'saver' folder, which I created in the root directory of the SD. I attempted to update the loader to the newest version 2006-06-19 EZ4Kernel datecode 20060619 ver1.66 but when holding R and booting up I only get two white screens. I am using a superkey.

Gonna keep trying to fix it but thought I'd make a thread in case other people are having problems.

I seem to have found a workaround, mentioned in another post, for the saves not working. You can put a dummy .sav file in the 'saver' folder and rename it to match your roms. It appears to save fine if there is already a .sav file there.

*It appears that you can not update the loader by booting to the NDS screen, you must remove the passkey device and hold R when booting to the GBA loader*

I've updated the loader to the latest version and saves still do NOT work. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

2. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    The client produces the saves on the root of you're designated 'output' drive in a folder called Saver.

If 'outputting' directly to the mem card , this situation is fine.

If like me you 'output' to .. say.. the desktop then the Saver folder and save files will be on the root of that drive, in my case c:\saver.

So check for a c:\saver folder and you should find the save files created by the client.

3. ole jason
    OP

Member ole jason GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    I think I fixed it. There was an update to the client that I didn't see on the page. It's weird that the old versions of the client don't work at all.