Hacking Whenever I try to play a GBA .cia the system crashes.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think gba and classic injected games work on emunand. Or so I've heard, I run all of my games on sysnand and my gba injected titles work just fine.

Do you have the setting for showing the gba splash screen enabled in luma settings? Maybe try toggling that on or off and see if it helps.
You could also try installing it on sysnand and seeing if it runs there, just to check if it's a problem with the actual gba.cia and not emunand.

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, that's probably the issue. I'll have a look to see if there's something that can do it. I'm aiming to keep SysNAND clean. I seem to remember the Gateway-haters used to always post that one of the tricky software-only alternatives could do GBA on EmuNAND, so I figured Luma probably could since it's the poster-child now. I guess not. Cheers.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The ONLY good reason for using emuNAND today is to keep using a Gateway card you bought recently to justify the price..... Otherwise it's outdated and not necessary at all.

I only recently created an 11.2 emunand to use my gateway after years of neglect. I use it for the cheat menu on games that don't yet (or never have) an ntr cheat plugin available. So there are other reasons to use one, but I guess not too many so I see your point. (oh and I've had gw from launch, so I'm not bitterly trying to justify my purchase, if that's what you might think when reading this:))

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still reading about the topic. So far I've learned that I might want to at least add patched AGB and TWL Firms but I still have much more to read. It seems that the GBA stuff was a hot topic in 2015 but there's not been as much interest since then. ReiNAND, rxTools and Pasta CFW are something which come up a lot in old threads on various forums. It seems like my best bet is to keep reading those since the answers on those threads are relevant and informative - a stark contrast with the "We will not answer" approach of 2017.

It is if you use it in the recommended way. If you insist on being different you're going to get trouble.

I don't really understand what this means in the context. If it's out of context then could you specify what you think is deviant about my approach? It seems to be working very well - except for GBA cias, and I followed the guide exactly. I'd go as far as saying that my approach of playing it safe on my hacked 3DS that plays real game carts online is going to go some way to reduce the risk of any trouble. If my intent to keep a clean SysNAND for this purpose annoys you that's fine: It seems that you know your stuff, but please don't troll me at every turn. I'm only trying to find out how all this stuff works and see what I can do - isn't that the point of the forum?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@retrospect There's no way to redirect reads-writes from the sysNAND to the emuNAND while in modes other than the standard CTR firmware mode, so it will probably never be possible to play GBA games on an emuNAND without also installing them to the sysNAND.

What do you mean by "staying safe"? If you're banned for something you do online with your emuNAND, for example, your sysNAND will also be banned. There's also very little you could be banned for. Finally, if we're just talking about installing titles like 3DS games, a system format to either your sysNAND or your emuNAND will wipe any evidence of your misdeeds.

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@retrospect There's no way to redirect reads-writes from the sysNAND to the emuNAND while in modes other than the standard CTR firmware mode, so it will probably never be possible to play GBA games on an emuNAND without also installing them to the sysNAND.

Aw. I don't suppose I can use Luma to a boot modified AGB_Firm .firm file that's on the SD card, and that looks in a ROMs folder for .gba ROMs to play using something like the EZFlash game loader? That would be ideal :)

My EmuNAND isn't online or linked to SysNAND. I understand that there are still some risks to playing online with a hacked system, even with clean SysNAND, but I've assessed that risk as small and acceptable. Although for now I'm refraining from linking any of my accounts to the console until I know more.

So can a simple system format undo a console ban? I thought that some token had to be changed manually.

Last edited by retrospect,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
could you specify what you think is deviant about my approach?
Using an emuNAND.
If my intent to keep a clean SysNAND for this purpose
The thing is, your sysNAND is not clean. It has B9S installed. If it didn't, you could never access your emuNAND. You think you're being safe, but what you're doing is not making you any safer, and only giving yourself inconveniences and difficulty with troubleshooting, since most of your issues will be caused by using an emuNAND. There is a reason a certain approach is recommended and instructed by the guide. It isn't as though everyone is wilfully ignoring danger, or you're the only one who has worked it out. There is no danger like you think there is, and even if there was, your approach isn't doing anything to mitigate it and is instead just causing you headaches.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw. I don't suppose I can use Luma to a boot modified AGB_Firm .firm file that's on the SD card, and that looks in a ROMs folder for .gba ROMs to play using something like the EZFlash game loader? That would be ideal :)

My EmuNAND isn't online or linked to SysNAND. I understand that there are still some risks to playing online with a hacked system, even with clean SysNAND, but I've assessed that risk as small and acceptable. Although for now I'm refraining from linking any of my accounts to the console until I know more.

So can a simple system format undo a console ban? I thought that some token had to be changed manually.
A format cannot undo a console ban. I meant it could be done to remove any modifications you don't like.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no EmuNAND patches for TWL or AGB firms. I don't know if they are harder to patch or if nobody skilled enough bothered to make one.

Only reason to use an EmuNAND these days is if you are using a Gateway (because through sheer incompetence they are dangerous to use on SysNAND) or if you want two or more separate setups on the same console.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they cannot detect bs9 directly. period.

they can detect you performing certain actions while connected to the internet that bs9 enables.

You do one of those you may get banned. emunand or sysnand. no difference. it's what you do while connected to the internet that matters.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a