When will Wii be back in stock?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Swordmyth, Mar 28, 2007.

Mar 28, 2007
  1. Swordmyth
    OP

Banned Swordmyth Banned

United States
    When do you think they will be back and stock and not hard to find? Is there any in stock where you live. I talking about in actually retail stores not websites or auctions.

2. EvoTroy

Newcomer EvoTroy Member

United States
    I've been calling all over my state for a Wii and everyone keeps telling me APRIL. God damnit I WANT A WII NOW!

3. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    yup. next week at the earliest. Everyone is sold out.

4. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    You mean in all the states?
    I'm in MD and Wash, DC

5. HelloKitty

Member HelloKitty GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't seen any at the stores I go to.. sorry

6. eseyo1

Newcomer eseyo1 Member

United States
    It isn't too hard to find one here in the bay area (Northern California). My fiance just got me one in February for my birthday. She just walked into a target store in the morning and they had just restocked about 50 of them. They are still sold out, but you just have to go at the right time. Just know that random Fedex Target shipments, at least here, come in sporatically every morning at around 10-11. I wouldn't recommend asking the actual store workers, they never know. I know this because one of my friends is an assistant manager at a store and he says he has an idea, but its never a sure thing unless Target is planning to actually have them in.

7. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I was at a K-Mart in Medina, Ohio today and they had Wii's in stock. Looked like they had 4 of them. Strangely though, I saw ZERO accessories. But then again, I wasn't really searching for them.

They had a whole 4-sided gondola of PSP crap though. [​IMG]

8. Scorpin200

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Well i have news that will ease everyone's pains, and that the wii stock might be coming sooner than later. Im not positive about it at the moment, but a few people who i know work at retail informs me that not all the wii's out there were actually sold out. In 3 o 4 days we will know this for sure, and be able to tell exactly what store will have them.....of course i'll be there on that day [​IMG]

9. snazzypants

Newcomer snazzypants Member

Wow I think she just got lucky. I have been casually looking for a while now and I have never seen a Wii on the shelf at any store. This week I lined up 2 hours early at Circuit City and didn't get one...the last guy to get one had gotten there an hour earlier than me.

10. anthony99

Newcomer anthony99 Newbie

United Kingdom
    i know theres a site called http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/ for the uk which is pretty good (i got mine through this site) surely there must be a us version of this site!

11. EddyB

Member EddyB GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    In April there will be more than enough wii's for everyone, april 1st is the start of the new fiscal year and thats what nintendo is waitng for. I think paper mario allready went gold a couple of months ago becouse it was ready for NGC and they just tuned it up for the Wii.

Nintendo has sold enough this fiscal year so they keep their products in the house. As of april the 1st its gonna booom!

12. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
  13. snazzypants

Newcomer snazzypants Member

Really doubt it. Right now we are at a point where casual consumers who are the Wii's biggest targets are becoming frustrated because they simply cannot find them. I think Nintendo has acknowledged this in an article somewhere. Some people may just give up and develop some animosity towards Nintendo for putting out a product that they cannot produce fast enough. Me personally, I think Nintendo has done a good job given this unexpected demand. They have stayed pretty on track with their projections.

On April 1, no major retail outlets have the Wii in their Sunday ad. For 4/8, I predict that one will have them advertised (Target is due). I don't think that the Wii will be easy to find until maybe mid May. It actually feels like it is harder to find now than it was in February (but not before Christmas).

14. gatorade

Member gatorade GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i knew the wii was hot but not this hot

maybe major stores might have more shipments and thus have more instock?

15. jon_jon

Member jon_jon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try Toys R Us this weekend. But better wait in line before the stores open in the morninig.