Hacking When will there be a new Bootmii release?

JaapDraad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I managed to install Bootmii as boot2.
grog.gif

However, it is not booting. And since I don't have a gamecube controller I cannot use the IOS version, to make a copy of my NAND.
I've spend an evening searching GBAtemp and all the internet for a solution.
Bottomline: it seems that my two SD-cards are not compatible. I've even tried to revert to Bootmii beta 1 because the SD card compatibility list on WiiBrew said one of my crads had better compatibility there.

So, does anyone know, if there is an update of bootmii coming up soon that fixes the SD card compatibility issue?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just buy a new card. NON SDHC works better in my experience. Just buy a 2GB Sandisk/Kingston.

They're pretty cheap in The Netherlands
smile.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
JaapDraad said:
I managed to install Bootmii as boot2.
grog.gif

However, it is not booting. And since I don't have a gamecube controller I cannot use the IOS version, to make a copy of my NAND.
I've spend an evening searching GBAtemp and all the internet for a solution.
Bottomline: it seems that my two SD-cards are not compatible. I've even tried to revert to Bootmii beta 1 because the SD card compatibility list on WiiBrew said one of my crads had better compatibility there.

So, does anyone know, if there is an update of bootmii coming up soon that fixes the SD card compatibility issue?
Although development on Bootmii is still going, I suggest you try a different SD card. I recently bought one @ Hema. A micro SD card 2 gb in size (in an orange packaging I think, blister / clamshell). Hema branded. None of my other cards worked but that one works like a charm
wink.gif

lonegreyride

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Just buy a 2GB Sandisk/Kingston.
I bought a 2GB Kingston specifically for the purpose.... wasn't compatible. Sandisk is the only brand I haven't tried yet, but I've actually bought 3 different SD cards for the purpose of using with Bootmii, none were compatible. I gave up on it. Use my brain for brick protection instead.

JaapDraad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks guys,

I was reluctant to just buy another card because the one I got was supposed to be compatible (EMTEC 2GB from Blokker).

I'm going to go by de HEMA after work. (Steunt elkaar, koop Nederlandsche waar!)
biggrin.gif

Posts merged

lonegreyride said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
I bought a 2GB Kingston specifically for the purpose.... wasn't compatible. Sandisk is the only brand I haven't tried yet, but I've actually bought 3 different SD cards for the purpose of using with Bootmii, none were compatible. I gave up on it. Use my brain for brick protection instead.

That's better than using a brick for brain protection
laugh.gif

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
JaapDraad said:

I use the buttons on the wii, on/off, reset and eject to make my backups. I don't have a g/c controller.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
grentuu said:
JaapDraad said:

I use the buttons on the wii, on/off, reset and eject to make my backups. I don't have a g/c controller.

Yeah, but that only works when installed as Boot2. IOS version has a bug where it only works using GC controller.

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
GC controller going around here for £4 second hand, which is cheaper new sd card or 2nd hand gc controller?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
grentuu said:
GC controller going around here for £4 second hand, which is cheaper new sd card or 2nd hand gc controller?

An GC controller doesn't make an SD-card compatible, does it ?
Or does it ?

Maybe you can try stuffing it into the SD-slot.
gbasp.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WalkerOfTheDay said:
grentuu said:

An GC controller doesn't make an SD-card compatible, does it ?
Or does it ?

Maybe you can try stuffing it into the SD-slot.
gbasp.gif
maybe if its a magic gc controller
smileipb2.png

nah, just get another SD
they are very cheap

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lonegreyride said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:

I have about 20 different 2GB and a handful of 1GB cards in use for Wii and my digital photocameras.
Every Kingston, Transcend, Sandisk, Verbatim i use works fine with different Wiis, i use bootmii alot, never had a problem with any card.
I think there is a problem with your card reader hardware.

lonegreyride

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could be, but bootmii is the one and only thing that gives me any trouble whatsoever. I haven't had problems with a single homebrew app, dlc for games, or anything else at any time. I did get a sandisk working with bootmii once, but it was a friend's card, which I had to return.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't even realise Bootmii was picky about SD cards. I used a cheap generic 2gb micro sd on mine with a sd converter. Backed up my NAND and everything.
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm