When the reviews say playable ROMs, does that include GBA Roms too

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by michael13162, Jul 10, 2009.

1. michael13162
    OP

Newcomer michael13162 Newbie

United States
    [​IMG]
    The previews on GBAtemp say that the flash carts for the DS play ROMs you download. Does that include GBA ROMs or is it Just NDS ROMs. In other words, can the NDS flash carts play GBA ROMs. If not, which specific carts can play GBA ROMs. I sorta like GBA better than DS games. (WHAT??) Any help will be appreciated.

2. shoving_tacoz

Newcomer shoving_tacoz Member

United States
    As far as I know, no NDS flashcard by itself can play GBA roms. You need a slot-2 device, of which there are many, of varying success. If you're looking for a slot-2 cart for your DS or DS lite, check out the EZ Flash IV, the EZ 3-in-1 adapter, or the Supercard as possible slot 2 devices. There's a bunch of reviews on the site, too if you click around.

as far as where to get these things, there are retailers all over the globe. Do your research before you fork over your cash, though.

3. michael13162
    OP

Newcomer michael13162 Newbie

United States
    Okay thanks. But when you are using a slot 2 card, does the game appear on one of the NDSLites screens or are both screens active. I do not want to waste battery life from having both screens on when I am only using one screen. Also, are some of those GBA carts compatible with the GBASP?