When the MenuHax dosent work and other questions

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SuperNintendo64, Jan 6, 2016.

1. SuperNintendo64
    OP

SuperNintendo64 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2015
    Bulgaria
    Hi

Im sorry to post what is probably (or maybe not) a bunch of repeated questions. But in these times of several releases is kinda normal that all the info about every hack aint exactly organized and easily accessible

without further ado

SYSTEM:
    3DS XL

1) I have IronHax. I can get into Homebrew Launcher at anytime> I run the MenuHax application. It says ive installed successfully. I reboot the system holding L and no, it dosent work.

1.1) Yes, in the menuhax installer ive run the third option, the one that map the HBL to a button, and chose "L". Yet it dosent work. What am i missing

2) Im trying to make sense of the HBL the same way as after several years i got to make sense of the Homebrew Channel

2.1) So for an app to show up at the HBL i need to create a subfolder inside the 3DS folder.
    IN this subfolder i need to put a .3dsx and a .smdh file. Is that it?

3) I see everybody talking about "downgrade". Why is everybody trying to downgrade if you can access HBL on latest firmware?

4) Ive put some custom themes in my 3ds... i can change em with the HBL app, but they all stuck with the Star Wars BGM. Can somebody help?

SYSTEM:
    3DS XL

1) What is the best way for me to "hack" this one? It dosent have an old Ironfall

2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    3) kernel expolit
    4) set a normal theme, then change theme and everything will be fine.

SuperNintendo64 likes this.
  3. SuperNintendo64
    OP

SuperNintendo64 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2015
    Bulgaria
    Nice. Thanks

What is a Kernel Exploit? Why is it better than the usual HBL?

4. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    kernel exploit have COMPLETE control over the system and can do A LOT of things that the actual exploit can't do.

SuperNintendo64 likes this.