Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ron975 said:
Wow Sony, you really are Nazis. First you act like Nazis, now you enlist the help of the country that the Nazis were formed... This is just..Unjust..

well I guess the guy they raided must have been a nazi too because he lived in Germany, the country that the nazis were formed in. Every german must be a nazi!

Or maybe he's jewish which is why the german courts (ran by nazi judges) were so quick to give the go ahead for the police (also nazis) to raid his house.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
ron975 said:
Wow Sony, you really are Nazis. First you act like Nazis, now you enlist the help of the country that the Nazis were formed... This is just..Unjust..

well I guess the guy they raided must have been a nazi too because he lived in Germany, the country that the nazis were formed in. Every german must be a nazi!
Dude, that's just mean, when did every german act like a Nazi? Sony is acting like Nazis. Does that mean every PS3 Fan is a Nazi too?

*looks at Law's signature*

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Coto said:
What if NGP uses the same key- encryption algorithm? Perhaps there`s a remotely chance of WHY is Sony acting this way, besides PSP and PS3. Just a thought anyways.

Sony may do low life things, but surely they do awesome hardware besides excellent software (like PSX PSP POPS) .

And if it`s that good i`m acquiring one of those machines anyway.

I`m not a Sony fanboy, they can burn in hell for all this.

similar security structure maybe, highly doubt that it will use the same encryption key. They might make PS1 and PS suite apps not transferable through usb from PS3 now since the security has been compromised. You have to redownload from the NGP instead with new encryption key.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I still do, but I don't know if I can support a company that will get the law to punish one of its consumers...
a person who is threatening a company saying he was going to release the HV reverse engineering code which might cause them financial downfall isnt a normal consumer

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
pikachu
smile.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
t377y000 said:
DarkCrudus said:
QUOTE said:
It seems Sony is not happy with the long process of using American civil courts to fight off the PS3 hackers, and have decided to step up the war game to the next level, and have now got the German police on their side to raid early this morning graf_chokolo's home and take all his computers!

Source1
Source2

wow they are on a rampage

so basicly what your saying is, if i buy 300$ or more ps3, & mod MY ps3(which i payed hard money for) sony will have cops bust into my house, take everything & then sue me?
frown.gif
ohnoes.png

frack sony b11tch a$$$ they can shove all that PS3, NGP crap down a sewer, & i was starting to like them.
dry.gif

what ever happend to just voiding warrenties?
I SAY WE BOYCOTT SONY TO SHOW THEM WHOS BOSS!! THE CONSUMERS!! (maby we can also get back other os for the little people
wink.gif
)
lol boycott the ngp after they spent all that cash to make it, thatll really pi$$$ them off
nyanya.gif

Nope. If you reverse engineer the Playstation 3 security methods and then blackmail Sony by saying "Stop going after hackers or I'll release these files all over the Internet" then they'll get a court order and the police will legally raid your house and take anything that could possibly contain the information you're threatening to release.

Solution: Don't make threats.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Nope. If you reverse engineer the Playstation 3 security methods and then blackmail Sony by saying "Stop going after hackers or I'll release these files all over the Internet" then they'll get a court order and the police will legally raid your house and take anything that could possibly contain the information you're threatening to release.

Solution: Don't make threats.

oh year i hear about that,
but what about the other lawsuits?
iv been seeing things lik e1000 law suits for the last couple weeks or month on n4g.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
God you people are so stupid sometimes. Nothing about this is illegal, he broke DMCA so Sony went after him with the local equivalent and the police raided his house, it's not like Sony forced the police to do anything illegal here...

Also just for the fun of it, have David Jaffe's opinion on the whole thing:
Jaffe-Geohot-2.png

Also does everyone saying "lets boycott Sony" realise how pathetic and stupid you sound in saying so? No one is forcing you to buy their products, you have a problem with the way they do business, then buy something else.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regrading the waking up early thing,
I'd be pissed of if my doors were kicked down early in the morning and have all
my computers stolen!

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
God you people are so stupid sometimes. Nothing about this is illegal, he broke DMCA so Sony went after him with the local equivalent and the police raided his house, it's not like Sony forced the police to do anything illegal here...

Well considering you're posting on this board I'm sure you're broken the DMCA as well. Let me get your name and address so I can call the police. After all, its only right. You deserve no better treatment than the average pirate, or this poor sap, who was just trying to stand for consumer right. (In a very stupid way.)

antwill said:
Also just for the fun of it, have David Jaffe's opinion on the whole thing

Golly Beaver, you don't think the guy who works for Sony might defend them do you?

QUOTE(antwill @ Feb 24 2011, 12:20 AM)
Also does everyone saying "lets boycott Sony" realise how pathetic and stupid you sound in saying so? No one is forcing you to buy their products, you have a problem with the way they do business, then buy something else.

That's a good attitude for you to have. I'm sure its the same attitude currently shared by all the top Sony execs.

Good luck with that.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SPH73 said:
antwill said:

Well considering you're posting on this board I'm sure you're broken the DMCA as well. Let me get your name and address so I can call the police. After all, its only right. You deserve no better treatment than the average pirate, or this poor sap, who was just trying to stand for consumer right. (In a very stupid way.) Oh yes he's totally standing for the consumers rights.
blink.gif

antwill said:
Also just for the fun of it, have David Jaffe's opinion on the whole thing

Golly Beaver, you don't think the guy who works for Sony might defend them do you?
Somehow I expected someone like you to not think and read it and just post that blindly. I was not disappointed.

QUOTE(antwill @ Feb 24 2011, 12:20 AM)

That's a good attitude for you to have. I'm sure its the same attitude currently shared by all the top Sony execs.

Good luck with that.
No, that's the attitude of someone who thinks using logic and reasoning and isn't a self-entitled child throwing a tantrum like the people who think boycotting Sony products will do anything, because they can't play their homebrews... grow up.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
No, that's the attitude of someone who thinks using logic and reasoning and isn't a self-entitled child throwing a tantrum like the people who think boycotting Sony products will do anything, because they can't play their homebrews... grow up.[/b]

Hey. How's that glass house treating you?

This has gone way beyond the consumers right to modify a console or play "homebrew."

In Sony's eyes a content pirate like you is no better than this misguided fool. I'm sorry you don't understand this very basic logic.

And I hate to tell you but boycotts actually do work. It only has to start with one person. There are so many alternatives to Sony on the market. Its not like they've got the market controlled like they did during the PS2 era. If I want another console I can buy an Xbox 360 or the Wii. If I want another portable game system I can buy the DS or a mobile device. If I want a decent TV I have plenty of options.

People don't need Sony.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@antwill
I can call you stupid very easily as well, but will that prove you're stupid?

The news have been over exaggerated by the ‘ps3 news’ sites to make a point, and people are reacting accordingly, and in many cases, over exaggerating the news themselves. However, they are just interpreting the situation as they see fit. For example, you believe graf_chokolo broke the law, and therefore, Sony had every right to do what it did. There are others, conversely, that believe he did nothing wrong, and Sony is using its position as a corporate entity to make a point and protect its interest however they see fit. Let’s face it, the government would not care that much if it was your program some dude around the globe reversed engineered. Many devs are now working undercover anonymously because of this, and ps3 research sites are being shut down. This is a form of intimidation and oppression.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, or that I am right. Everyone has the right for their own opinion on this matter. Just don’t start calling everyone that does not agree with you stupid.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SPH73 said:
This has gone way beyond the consumers right to modify a console or play "homebrew."Okay then, if it's a consumers right, provide with a source, the law stating it is okay to run homebrew on a games console and not use the iphone example.

In Sony's eyes a content pirate like you is no better than this misguided fool. I'm sorry you don't understand this very basic logic.Because assuming someone is a pirate based on the forum they goto is not logic. I'm sorry you don't understand that.
tongue.gif

And I hate to tell you but boycotts actually do work. It only has to start with one person. There are so many alternatives to Sony on the market. Its not like they've got the market controlled like they did during the PS2 era. If I want another console I can buy an Xbox 360 or the Wii. If I want another portable game system I can buy the DS or a mobile device. If I want a decent TV I have plenty of options.
Then buy one already. Sony won't care if you don't buy their products because plenty of other people will. And while you're at it take your armchair rebellion someplace else.

QUOTE(Sephxus @ Feb 24 2011, 03:51 PM) @antwill
I can call you stupid very easily as well, but will that prove you're stupid?

The news have been over exaggerated by the ‘ps3 news’ sites to make a point, and people are reacting accordingly, and in many cases, over exaggerating the news themselves. However, they are just interpreting the situation as they see fit. For example, you believe graf_chokolo broke the law, and therefore, Sony had every right to do what it did. There are others, conversely, that believe he did nothing wrong, and Sony is using its position as a corporate entity to make a point and protect its interest however they see fit. Let’s face it, the government would not care that much if it was your program some dude around the globe reversed engineered. Many devs are now working undercover anonymously because of this, and ps3 research sites are being shut down. This is a form of intimidation and oppression.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, or that I am right. Everyone has the right for their own opinion on this matter. Just don’t start calling everyone that does not agree with you stupid.
I respect your opinion and I can agree with what you're saying, however I was calling those who overreact stupid, not those who actually explain their position and disagree with my opinion. Really t377y000's post is a good example of what I meant.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Veho said:
DarkCrudus said:
wonder what german laws are for raidsQUOTE(thedicemaster @ Feb 23 2011, 04:18 PM) is it really legal what they did?
It's standard procedure with piracy charges.

And Sony didn't "do" anything. They don't control the police. They filed piracy charges with the court, and the court ordered a search. So yes, it's legal.
hmm makes sense .
at least this is how everyone should be thinking of it as .
though most people are blind on one side and just think Sony is an evil company that controls the world .

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Veho said:
DarkCrudus said:
wonder what german laws are for raidsQUOTE(thedicemaster @ Feb 23 2011, 04:18 PM) is it really legal what they did?
It's standard procedure with piracy charges.

And Sony didn't "do" anything. They don't control the police. They filed piracy charges with the court, and the court ordered a search. So yes, it's legal.
hmm makes sense .
at least this is how everyone should be thinking of it as .

You're right. We should applaud and support the copyright police any time they arrest one of our fellow pirates.

That's a sentiment I'm sure all of the users on GBAtemp can support, especially the staff and the site founders.

I mean, were all here just for the scenery.

sarcasm_detector.jpg

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@SPH73

Graf_chokolo is not a pirate. He worked intensively to bring back linux, a feature Sony removed. Again, I simply cannot emphasize this more clearly, don't misinterpret this as a support for piracy.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephxus said:
@SPH73

Graf_chokolo is not a pirate. He worked intensively to bring back linux, a feature Sony removed. Again, I simply cannot emphasize this more clearly, don't misinterpret this as a support for piracy.

Oh don't worry, I understand the issue.

However I also understand the moral issues of being a pirate* and supporting a company that's cracking down on people like this. Some people may not enjoy the company but we're all in the same boat, or better yet, we're all sailing in the same waters.

Hoist the Jolly Roger.

(*meaning myself and the other 99% of the people who post on gbatemp.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1