When MUGEN people try...Wow

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, Ryu and Ken are the best combo ever!
biggrin.gif

What game was that? (If it was a game) Too bad it got cut short, the end was like the best part!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, Ryu and Ken are the best combo ever!
biggrin.gif

What game was that? (If it was a game) Too bad it got cut short, the end was like the best part!
MUGEN is some Open Source Engine people use to make their own fighters. Though a lot of people just grab the work of other people and throw them into a mega game. This video shows what happens when people work damn hard on this thing, it really shows.

AppleJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not too impressed with the evil ken sprite. They should have ripped Violence Ken from SVC: Chaos with that big crazy white afro thing.

EDIT: Also, who is Broli? I'm guessing he's something to do with Dragon Ball and not an umbrella pioneer

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not too impressed with the evil ken sprite. They should have ripped Violence Ken from SVC: Chaos with that big crazy white afro thing.

EDIT: Also, who is Broli? I'm guessing he's something to do with Dragon Ball and not an umbrella pioneer

Broly is the legendary Super Saiyan who appeared in movies 8, 10 and 1 of Dragon Ball Z.
BrolyTransformations.JPG

And now you know...

AppleJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Jax

Violence Ken in "SVC Chaos" has been made from this idea of Evil Ken in MUGEN.

You're trying to convince me that SNK copied the idea of an evil ken from some MUGEN character? Do I really need to point out how absurd that is?

There are almost no original character designs in MUGEN, almost every MUGEN character I see is a sprite rip from something or other (if not a Capcom or SNK fighter then a mario game or something else). SNK were the first to use those 'evil' over-powered versions of characters (Orochi Iori, Ultra Rugal, etc) and it could be argued that Capcom's Evil Ryu was just stolen from SNK's original concept. You're telling me that the devs at SNK scoured the bowels of the internet to find this ken-in-a-dark-room-with-akuma's-moveset sprite and based their entirely superior (and actually original) character on him?
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

EDIT: Toned down the flame a little

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Thanks Jax

Violence Ken in "SVC Chaos" has been made from this idea of Evil Ken in MUGEN.

You're trying to convince me that SNK copied the idea of an evil ken from some MUGEN character? Do I really need to point out how absurd that is?

There are almost no original character designs in MUGEN, almost every MUGEN character I see is a sprite rip from something or other (if not a Capcom or SNK fighter then a mario game or something else). SNK were the first to use those 'evil' over-powered versions of characters (Orochi Iori, Ultra Rugal, etc) and it could be argued that Capcom's Evil Ryu was just stolen from SNK's original concept. You're telling me that the devs at SNK scoured the bowels of the internet to find this ken-in-a-dark-room-with-akuma's-moveset sprite and based their entirely superior (and actually original) character on him?
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

EDIT: Toned down the flame a little

Yup, no need for flame war huh. I' m just stating this : there were no Evil Ken in "Street Fighter" serie before this famous cross-over in SVC Chaos (lame game, but that's not the point) and this 100% finished version of Evil Ken was already a MUGEN character before it apears "officially" in a Capcom game.

Not trying to say Capcom stole the guy huh, just that it could possibly have been inspired by it.

And I know Evil Ryu is a Capcom creation huh, this character already existed in SF Zero 3 when the MUGEN communauty begins to merge.

reaperman@home

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
I'm missing what's so amazing.
I was kind of expecting flawless gameplay

still, it's amazing that mugen's still around. I didn't really like the pace of their engine when I last played it, but that must have been close to a decade ago and my preferences have changed a lot.

maybe I'll pick it up again. do they even make an arcade stick for PC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: