Homebrew When moonshell is set to autoboot for ysmenu how can i have the option

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all in the title. read my other topic about my unusual chrono trigger freeze if u want a reason for why i would want this. Anyways, when i try to put all the original r4 fw in separate folder and try to launch it from moonshell it boots into moonshell again but with an error. Anyone know how to do this?

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
all in the titleBut the title gets chopped off
smile.gif

Here it is in its entirety:

QUOTE"When moonshell is set to autoboot for ysmenu how can i have the option of running the classic r4 menu from the moonshell auto boot?"

Anyhow, have a look at this thread to see if it helps you.

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry but that post didnt help, i boot into moonshell automaticlly so that post doesnt apply to my issue

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You can try it the way I do it.
Use the R4 firmware as an executable nds file, make moonshell 2 your firmware (not autoboot from ysmenu) and have the ysmenu loader extlink. Then just execute the r4 firmware from moonshell once (so it is in your recent apps page) and then you can use moonshell to go between ysmenu (holding the B button when loading a game) or the R4 menu (by using the R4 firmware nds in your recent apps page).

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that sounds good but i dont quite understand how to make that work, when i turn my ds on will it boot to moonshell automaticlly still? thats how it is now and i like it but i cant boot r4s executable from my moonshell menu do you know why?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It will still boot to moonshell automatically when you turn it on, it just gives the option to have the R4 firmware as well. I don't know why moonshell can't boot the R4 firmware directly (no idea what goes on there) which is why I went along the route of booting the R4 firmware using YSMenu (and it seems to work correctly).
Pretty much just encrypt the moonshl2 nds (r4denc works) and replace your _DS_MENU.DAT so it autoboots directly to moonshl2 rather than the YSMenu and then Moonshell2. Also make sure you decrypt the R4 firmware's dat file and rename it as an nds.

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay ill try that, how do i get the r4 menu into a bootable mode i went into the rar file and renamed it from dat to nds executed it and it gets half way and freezes

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where can i download r4dec? i found a file called r4crypt but it gives me an error whenever i run it would u be able to upload ur bootable firmware so i could dl it?

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i was searching for the executable file but couldnt find it i found it now but when i boot the decrypted one it goes from the ysmenu loading bar to a black screen at least now it doesnt freeze with the ysmenu loading screen but its still just a blank screen

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok your r4 menu works however now when i load chron through it it starts but freezes with audio still playing on the menu screen

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, but you do have either the patch or the AR code for chronos trigger?
(I think that is your problem...since I can recreate what I think is happening to yours on my R4. Though it works perfectly fine with YSMenu and no alterations) Why you would want the R4 menu rather than the YSMenu is beyond me though since YSMenu can pretty much load all that the R4 firmware can and more (except for that ribbon.nds game, that doesn't work with YSMenu for some reason).

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive tried both versions patched and ar version and regardless it freezes iive also tried us and eur versions of the rom and patches with both

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive tried both versions patched and ar version and regardless it freezes iive also tried us and eur versions of the rom and patches with both

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night