Not a bug When I'm clearly logged on, I sometimes get signed out.

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by ComeTurismO, Aug 9, 2014.

1. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    You see, when i post in a thread, I sometimes get messages that I have to be logged in. But I am. I refresh the page, and I'm logged out, why? This doesn't happen continuously, it happens a lot though and it's annoying.

Help?

2. Sterling

Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    Check and see if your browser is expunging cookies after a certain amount of time.

3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    What browser are you using?

4. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Now, bear with me here: are you clicking the "Stay Logged In" check box when you log in? Because otherwise the site only keeps you logged in for a short period of time.

5. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    Safari, on my iPad Mini.

6. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    I'm pretty sure it's Safari's settings, because mine does the same thing. You could try using the Chrome app? That keeps me logged in.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  7. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    In addition to the above suggestions (cookies, not selecting keep me logged in), it also seems there's a limit on the number of devices you can "stay logged in" with. Sometimes when I log in with my second tablet, it logs me out of my ipad. I log I that again, and it logs me out of my PC.

8. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    This is the only device where I GBAtempize. But, if I'm on a computer (which I don't have anymore) I log out from there. I'll try using the chrome app for a while and see if that works, and keep y'all updated. Thanks.

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Log in status is stored in the cookies - if the cookies are periodically flushed by anything, be it the browser or some external program like CCleaner, you're going to get kicked off. The problem is definitely on your side, so check your setup. ;)

Margen67 likes this.
  10. jayjay123

jayjay123 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2013
    This sounds like a classic case of a network issue - are you perhaps not on a bonded line? Perhaps on an internet setup where there are two or more lines being bonded to increase speed? I know our India office does that and what it results in is potentially a different IP address each time you refresh the page. The site will see you as connecting from another location and you will automatically be logged out.