When i run moonshell video..its upside down?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by newblaze83, Jun 12, 2008.

Jun 12, 2008
  1. newblaze83
    OP

Newcomer newblaze83 Newbie

United States
    i correctly converted the video into the correct format, and correctly set up moonshell, but the video is upside down on thetop screen of my ds. Is this normal? thank you in advance.

2. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    What did you use to convert it? The encoder on your PC is flipping the image

3. newblaze83
    OP

United States
    not sure the origin of the file but the .exe is named DPGENC..can you recommend a more reliable encoder?...i just downloaded DPG video editor v1.1..havent tried it yet though it seems legit enough.

4. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
  5. newblaze83
    OP

United States
    thanks...i already have the most up-to-date avi synth and .net framework, so this will work perfect..thanks

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    There is an option in the main configuration *.ini file that lets you rotate or swap the screen during playback, but a better solution would be to use a different encoder in the first place rather than changing this option all the time.

7. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    from a video encoders point of view ... RE INSTALL YOUR XVID/DIVX CODEC its a common issue with badly/wrongly installed codecs for encode/decode [​IMG]

avoid the so called megapack codecs packs such as k-lite etc they cause more trouble than they are worth! [​IMG]

on a side note some encoder programs offer a check box to FLIP VIDEO this will also resolve upside down encode issues [​IMG]

but the best fix is always install the right codecs [​IMG]

use something like media info or G-SPOT codecs analysis tools to find out what the original source video is encoded in and install JUST THOSE CODECS [​IMG]

8. SleepingDragon

Member SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That's a new one for me. Never had that happen.