Hacking Question When I power off my switch it acts as if I clicked reboot (Mariko + Spacecraft-NX + Atmosphere)

Chirtan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to see if I can get some guidance getting this resolved.

So basically ill hold the power switch until the options to power off or reboot appear. If I choose power off the system turns off for a moment and then restarts almost as if I had clicked reboot.

When I was using SX OS I did not have this issue but after transferring to Spacecraft NX and Atmosphere it started happening.

Edit: Okay i'm now realizing I have poo brain. When I choose power off, it merely displays me the Hekate, and Atmosphere boot splashes but then appears to actually shut down normally. Not sure if that is intended or not but yeah.

Last edited by Chirtan,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I seem to recall there was an issue with the console not powering off when AutoRCM is enabled but booting back into RCM and slowly draining the battery, a fix was added to Hekate to prevent that from happening, maybe what you are seeing there is a side effect of that fix (it rebooting into a payload and then shutting down, rather than shutting down directly does sound related to that despite the fact you are not using RCM)

Chirtan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to recall there was an issue with the console not powering off when AutoRCM is enabled but booting back into RCM and slowly draining the battery, a fix was added to Hekate to prevent that from happening, maybe what you are seeing there is a side effect of that fix (it rebooting into a payload and then shutting down, rather than shutting down directly does sound related to that despite the fact you are not using RCM)

Interesting.

I've made another discovery digging a bit deeper today. So this occurrence happens only on my Switch Lite (SX Lite + Spacecraft-NX + Hekate + Atmosphere).

On my regular Switch Erista (SX Core + Spacecraft-NX + Hekate + Atmosphere) when I power off it shuts down as expected.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.

I've made another discovery digging a bit deeper today. So this occurrence happens only on my Switch Lite (SX Lite + Spacecraft-NX + Hekate + Atmosphere).

On my regular Switch Erista (SX Core + Spacecraft-NX + Hekate + Atmosphere) when I power off it shuts down as expected.
Any difference between the hekate_ipl.ini files?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit: Okay i'm now realizing I have poo brain. When I choose power off, it merely displays me the Hekate, and Atmosphere boot splashes but then appears to actually shut down normally. Not sure if that is intended or not but yeah.
Just a quick reply to say don't be too hard on yourself. I just installed Spacecraft NX on my SX Lite and I was worried something was wrong when the Atmos splash came up after shutting down. This thread gave me reassurance lol

NoXe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have hekate, you can fix this (not really) by put this line into the "hekate_ipl.ini" : autohosoff=2. This immediately power off the switch when it detect a "woke up from HOS via an RTC alarm". It work for me (in real fact this is not really fix the problem, it just hide it).

Last edited by NoXe,

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...sorry to push an old thread but this same thing happens to me on 13.2.1 OLED, running SX Lite, flashed with Spacecraft v3 (Mena's mod). I have other SX chips installed on Erista and Mariko that power down just fine with SX firmware. (I wonder if the issue is with Spacecraft?)
In any case, I use the Auto HOS Off method that others have described here for a work-around, but it still disconcerting.
EDIT: Okay, it turns out that this is a feature of HOS. Apparently the system does not do a full power down until 15 seconds after 'power off', during which time the chip pushes payload until power is cut. autohosoff=2 is the fix then.

Last edited by 0x3000027E,

draKyna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to see if I can get some guidance getting this resolved.

So basically ill hold the power switch until the options to power off or reboot appear. If I choose power off the system turns off for a moment and then restarts almost as if I had clicked reboot.

When I was using SX OS I did not have this issue but after transferring to Spacecraft NX and Atmosphere it started happening.

I'm having this restart instead of power off issue and I'm not playing any of these games that have been listed in this thread.
The Switch Oled just reboots and goes back to the homescreen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm