Hacking Question When Booting ReiNx the splash screen shows, to then be followed by a black scree, any help?

Albert06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When booting ReiNx via Tegra RCM Gui ReiNx's splash screen shows for about a second, only to be followed by a balck screen with dim led's on a balck screen, only to be followed by the screen turning off. I have tried booting ReiNx from Hekate, and it gives the same result. Any suggestions on what I can do tho fix the problem? (Edit: if it helps, when pressing vol down and being able to see the log, it abrubtly ends after INT1 encrtpted, only to again switch to a black screen. And sorry for the typo h)

Last edited by Albert06,

Albert06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Albert06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has happened to me on multiple cfw. I usually reformat the SD card, redownload the files to put on the card. Try a different usb cable to inject the payload. Also try rekado instead of tegra. Dunno eventually mine starts after a few tries.

I have rad that It could be the quality of your SD card as well? :Shrug:

iDiCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue...

I just got a switch today and according to threads its not patched (serial: XAW700123). I followed the ReiNX 2.0 (Most Recent) tutorial and managed to boot in RCM, inect payload and get the splash screen. Then I got a notification saying I needed to update for my SD card to work. Realizing my mistake I reformatted to FAT32 using GUIFormat. I booted into RCM, Tegra said 'RCM OK', I injected payload and nothing happened. Pressed the power button on my switch and it booted normally. Any suggestions?

Last edited by iDiCE,

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue...

I just got a switch today and according to threads its not patched (serial: XAW700123). I followed the ReiNX 2.0 (Most Recent) tutorial and managed to boot in RCM, inect payload and get the splash screen. Then I got a notification saying I needed to update for my SD card to work. Realizing my mistake I reformatted it using GUIFormat. I booted into RCM, Tegra said 'RCM OK', I injected payload and nothing happened. Pressed the power button on my switch and it booted normally. Any suggestions?

If you formatted it to exfat then you need an exfat update as well for SD card to work Alternatively you can donFat32... I got mine from Choidur. I would read this thread and use the tool https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...mebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/page-71

iDiCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you formatted it to exfat then you need an exfat update as well for SD card to work Alternatively you can donFat32... I got mine from Choidur. I would read this thread and use the tool

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain enough. I was on EXFAT when I got the splash screen. Then I reformatted to FAT32 and now I don't even get a splash screen.

iDiCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but did you download and apply the exfat update when you were on exfat?

Once I got the notification I immediately shut off my switch. I reformatted to FAT32, put the files back on and followed the steps again. I also have never connected to WiFi.

iDiCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you guys please follow this guide and see if it fixes the issues you have with ReiNX?

Thanks for the reply! I have followed the guide you mentioned above and these are the results it has yielded. I don't understand it, I got the splash screen the first but after formatting to FAT32 I just get a black screen. I have checked to make sure 100% my switch is hackable and I got the 0x7000 but after my keys I also got an error code: 'Win32 error 31 during post-smash read op'.

iDiCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you try with another payload such as Hekate, does it boot then?

I tried to use ReiNX using NXLoader on my phone and nothing happened. Then I plugged back into PC and I managed to inject the payload and got the splash screen. But I have no homebrew launcher in Album.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: \*teleports behind you\* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"