when are you to old to live with parents?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends what your doing really, and there isn't really a set age, there could be circumstances changing things ( Diseases, Illness of you or parents ect ) so there is no set age, when you feel ready basically

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am 27 and still trapped at home. Poor skills and low paying jobs prevent living alone, while I have never pursued splitting cost of living with a roommate which seems like it would be just as bad or possibly even worse. Situations like these are becoming very common as the nation continues to collapse, and have been considered fairly normal in other nations for years.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
It changes, I thing it depends on where you live. Obviously determined by many things such as economy, job opportunities. But if you have the job and the money to and you feel ready, why not giving it a try?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's not really an age limit, but a good age to move out could be anywhere from 19 to 25, or something like that.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont see anything wrong with someone living with their parents if they're doing something with their lives and just cant afford to make it on their own...but if they live at home when they're older and are just leeching off their parents thats just sad.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
clownb said:
I am 27 and still trapped at home. Poor skills and low paying jobs prevent living alone, while I have never pursued splitting cost of living with a roommate which seems like it would be just as bad or possibly even worse. Situations like these are becoming very common as the nation continues to collapse, and have been considered fairly normal in other nations for years.
I'm living in a normal house with a housemate, while we are both just students...
Soooo. you're doing something wrong.

My opinion btw, is, 18yo, leave your parents house, they need some rest, and you need your independence.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
i dont see anything wrong with someone living with their parents if they're doing something with their lives and just cant afford to make it on their own...but if they live at home when they're older and are just leeching off their parents thats just sad.
This

As long a your heading somewhere but just don't have the resources to afford your own accommodation then it's fine. But only if your planning on going somewhere with your life.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
clownb said:
I'm living in a normal house with a housemate, while we are both just students...
Soooo. you're doing something wrong.

My opinion btw, is, 18yo, leave your parents house, they need some rest, and you need your independence.

I do not believe this is wrong as I will soon have enough money to purchase a house if the dollar doesn't lose all value suddenly. There will be no rent, only utilities, and no slumlord will benefit.

haohmaru6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's time to move out of your parent(s)' house when (if?) you realize how much a parent has been manipulating you and holding you back for your whole life. If you realize this in your teens, you are stronger than most. If you realize this in your twenties, then you are about average. In your thirties or later, your family is just broken.

But do NOT get married or move in with a significant other just to get away from them. It WILL bite you in the ass.

If you have a good relationship with your parents, then build up your resources and move out of your own accord. Failure to do so will prevent you from moving forward in your life. In the end realize that the ability to pay is all this world really cares about. You lose that power, you will have NO power.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I wish i moved out when i was 20, together with my.... ex girlfriend :'( We'd still be together if I did probably
frown.gif

Now i'm 22 and still live at home. I don't have enough money, nor any work.. university studies takes a lot of time.
I just wish things would be in a different way.

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
I wish i moved out when i was 20, together with my.... ex girlfriend :'( We'd still be together if I did probably
frown.gif

Now i'm 22 and still live at home. I don't have enough money, nor any work.. university studies takes a lot of time.
I just wish things would be in a different way.

i know how you feel i'm 23 just got laid off and living with parents
frown.gif
sux

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Rather than give you a specific answer of when you're too old, I'll take the opposite tact and approach it from a more positive perspective. In these modern times, with the expense of college, tuition fees, student loans, car payments, saving up for a house and whatnot its becoming more and more prevalent for children to live with their parents through their mid to late 20s.

Of course it all comes down to whats right for you. Do you have expenses that make it too difficult to live on your own? Do you want to live at home? Can you stand your parents for that long, and vice-versa? If you feel its right, and they have no problem with it, stay as long as you wish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over