Gaming When are you going to get the Switch?

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm curious how many of you are going to get it on launch or waiting for a bundle etc.

I'm probably going to get it on the beginning of April. I need to wait for money. (And hope for a bundle)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sometime in the future.
Probably just after Metroid is released, specially if it comes in a bundle. /s

PS: I was unsure of getting it at release or not, but then I got an appointment for an Eye OP on 3.3. (oh, fate, really?) and then I can't use my sight for two weeks. Meh.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Friday, together with Zelda. Going on ski vacation on Saturday, 7 hours drive, that will be a nice entertainment (at least as long until the battery is dead)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, why?
Just get a car to USB-C adapter beforehand!
I have a usb car charger thingy, also powerbanks. Don't know if they will output enough to charge the switch while playing and won't spend 20 bucks for a special switch car charger just for that one ride. I also have a 3ds :D

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometime in the future.
Probably just after Metroid is released, specially if it comes in a bundle. /s

PS: I was unsure of getting it at release or not, but then I got an appointment for an Eye OP on 3.3. (oh, fate, really?) and then I can't use my sight for two weeks. Meh.
Hope the eye thing goes well. You'll have loads of switch reviews to look forward to.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that sure is fail proof.
Can just play Minish Cap when the Switch is dead - never played it before.

But my Powerbank has a 5V/2.4A output - just like the 3rd party car chargers we see on Amazon. I will try if it's enough to power the Switch while playing. And even if it isn't, I could just plug it in while playing at around 95% and have battery drain slower. Should easily buy me enough time for the drive.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preorder so day one i hope.
I did it online so gotta wait for it to come in the mail.
Hopefully it will be here Friday or Saturday, pushing into monday would make the wait way to long :(

But im ready got 4 days left until launch.
Im sure this forum will go dead because everyone would be off playing there switch. Then the others would be on the board asking questions.
I plan to get mines and do some testing with different chargers. Taking some pictures and all that good stuff if anyone wants to know.

Reactions: WiiuGold

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Walmart instore preorder put in a week after announcement so I have no idea at this point if I will be on first wave. Another Walmart like store is having a midnight release with an in store line. Manager told me only 4 people were in line for PS4 release, so I may bring a chair and snacks around 9-10 and see what's up.

Budgeting for two but really don't need both until summer and/or Splatoon 2 release because we won't really have the game library to take much advantage of it Not sure if should go for both now or hold off and risk suffering a shortage.

What do you guys think, if I have the opportunity to get a second Switch now should I take it, or could there be defect revisions released by summer or maybe even special editions?

Maybe MK8DE will have download play and can play that multiplayer without split screen.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well best buy started taking pre orders hours b4 they announced they were doing so. If you pre ordered before today, it shipped today. Same goes for release day games. Anyway, my switch and copy of botw shipped today. They charged my account and best buy says i should have it by friday. However, i believe if they used usps, i won't get til sat. Idk. I called them and they are so busy filling orders, they have not sent tracking info yet. But will send out the tracking info within 24-48 hours from now

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting mine on Day One. I have both System and Zelda paid in full and am getting the Neon/Red and Blue version. I am getting it at a local game store, they said that they will get about 40 systems in. Mine is number 4 on their reservation list :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, explain the process