When are we going to see a new Update ?! =(

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Zerrix, Jun 27, 2008.

Jun 27, 2008
  1. Zerrix
    OP

Member Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Hey,

why aren't we seeing any new updates from the f*cking R4DS-Team ?!

It really drives me up the wall, that other flashcards have already got their second oder third FW updates whereas the R4-Team hasn't even brought ONE update out in the past months !!

That's so f*cking annoying !! They are always after the other flashcards ...

regards
    Zerrix

2. Aznhiga13

Newcomer Aznhiga13 Member

United States
    thus is why i probably will switch to Cyclo in the future. Plus i have the R4 card with the spring problem, so i don't see me using this forever. I kinda just gave up on checking for updates.

3. bunnybreaker

Member bunnybreaker GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Seconded.

I can't believe they haven't made a single upgrade to the interface and feature-set, oh well, it was cheap when I bought it and it still does the job, but when I next have some proper money, I shall be upgrading.

4. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    me too whats the other cart next to r4's compatibility? i only need one reply

5. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    The R4 Team hates you and will not update.

They're lazy bums who used to have an awesome flash card (heck, the R4 was my first slot1 card when they first came out, and it was impossible to get one, but I did [​IMG] ) but now I'd say it's worse than your friendly neighbourhood budget cards, because there's practically no support for it.

6. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Hehe, when my uncle suggested that I should get an R4, I went like [​IMG]

I bought the DSTT and am very happy with it. Well, the YSMenu makes it R4esque...

7. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    I find it funny that people complain when one little game or two doesn't work that (pretty much all of us R4 users) couldn't give a damn about.....I honestly wish they would release an update so all you people shut up about it [​IMG]

8. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    lol, here here [​IMG]

9. Xeijin

Member Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Seriously please just shut up.

The R4 is old technology it can't even read Micro SDHCs ffs. Buy a new flashcart, they're not THAT expensive and if your still complaining at least you can still play all the bloody games, the R4 team generally keep up on bugfixes for non-working games and at the end of the day that's all it was really meant to do. If your looking for the latest features stop being a tightwad and buy a new card, otherwise stop bitching.

10. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    I have an R4, it plays EVERY game I have ever asked it to.

Not sure what your problem is, but you know, you could always BUY THE REAL F**KING GAME if it's so damned important to you.

Wait, I forgot, some of you are either cheap bastards, or kids that haven't mastered the fine art of get a damned job.

11. Goloki

Member Goloki GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    I have just ordered a CycloDS. I'm giving my R4 to my little sister, as I did with my SuperCard miniSD back in the day when I switched to slot-1.

12. Doggy124

Member Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Switched to CycloDS [​IMG]

13. BioHazardN00B

Newcomer BioHazardN00B Advanced Member

United States
    Besides the GUI, why would it need an update right now? Rom compatibility (The important thing!) is perfect right now. Also does anyone know if the cyclo team is going to make a second flashcard?, or should i just go for an M3 Real? (Yes i realize that's a bit off topic)

14. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Actually, according to a few threads, it's ROM compatibility ISN'T perfect. Over 95%, but like 2-5 games don't work, I hear.

Cyclo team probably isn't making a new cart, seeing they want to put full support for their only Slot-1 cart, and they would release some info if they were ever going to do so.

And I actually prefer the Cyclo over the M3 Real. However, it really depends on what you're looking for.

The GUI of M3 Sakura looks brilliant, and has a good compatibility as it is. As for me, that's all I know about the M3 Sakura so far. As for the original M3 Real, it's a good cart, but against the Cyclo, it's not going to win. The support is excellent, and the M3/G6 team even have an account on GBAtemp, and logs in, etc.

The Cyclo has a smooth, and a simple GUI. It may be simple, but it's still efficient nonetheless. These guys are best known for an amazing support, and a the fact that they are native English speakers. The build quality of their products are amazing, I hear.

Both teams have excellent support. Both of them have good amount of user support as well. SO, it really depends on what you're looking for.

If you want something flashy with better GUI, and some improvements, get the M3 real.
    If you want something that can do more than the ordinary cart, more specifically, features, then the Cyclo.

Feel free to add to this, since I don't know very much of the M3 Sakura as of the moment.

15. Dominator

Member Dominator the world end without you

France
    we wants an update for Daigaisso Band Brother DX thats all!!! I emai-ed The r4 Team yesterday but no response

16. Aznhiga13

Newcomer Aznhiga13 Member

United States
    I dont mind having my R4. It was top of the line back in the day, lol. I just dont think it will last much longer so im keeping the cyclo in mind because i need something reliable and of good build quality.

17. V!olaPlayer

Member V!olaPlayer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    E-Mailed, too. =P

18. Scathraax

Member Scathraax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'd like to do this myself. The R4 works for everything I want it for, but the lack of updates is startin' to make me wonder how long it'll be before the R4 is completely dead.

Sadly, no monies to upgrade. D:

19. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Don't believe it, because it isn't true. They just haven't done it recently.

The R4 does not get frequent updates, and new features are no longer added. Deal with it. If you bought an R4 recently then you chose the wrong cart. If you bought it back when it was one of the better choices, you've got more than your money's worth out of it.

20. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Face it, its looking as though the r4 is about to become the next DS-X.