Gaming When are we going to be able to message our friends?

hendrix5757

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sick of seeing all of my friends on my friend's list without the option to invite them to games. Hopefully an update will resolve this.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully soon they will do something, cant invite anyoneto games without using a phone
glare.gif

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I think DB is right. It's highly unlikely that Nintendo would make such a feature. They would have to do an overhaul of the system or make games that support that feature. And the 3DS released only a few months ago. If they saw this thread right now and decided to do it then it would take them well over a year to complete it. Just sayin.

Ravenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
TheDarkSeed said:
Sadly, I think DB is right. It's highly unlikely that Nintendo would make such a feature. They would have to do an overhaul of the system or make games that support that feature. And the 3DS released only a few months ago. If they saw this thread right now and decided to do it then it would take them well over a year to complete it. Just sayin.

It would.. take a year to create a messaging system? Really?

Man, I should sign up for Nintendo. I can write a simple messaging client in half an hour
tongue.gif

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
lol message system?
no one found it yet?

my friends message and arrange games through 3DS

you get a twice blink orange light when new message

you just see whos online and change you message accordingly

we all know how to use this system and you can do it without closing the current game

uses the Wifi

TheDarkSeed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ravenius said:
TheDarkSeed said:

It would.. take a year to create a messaging system? Really?

Man, I should sign up for Nintendo. I can write a simple messaging client in half an hour
tongue.gif
Well you know how companies drag their asses and go through the motions. It would be very easy for them to make a simple messaging client, do you really think they would make it simple? ...I see no reason why they wouldn't.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo can't make a good online system, so obviously never. The Wii and DS online sucked, the 3DS online system sucks as well and obviously, they will do the same crap with the Wii U.

How hard is it to do it like PSN and XBL?

Ravenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
TheDarkSeed said:
Well you know how companies drag their asses and go through the motions. It would be very easy for them to make a simple messaging client, do you really think they would make it simple? ...I see no reason why they wouldn't.

You just contradicted yourself there
tongue.gif

Anyway, no matter what they add to a messaging system, it can't in any way take a year to develop one. It might take a year before they start working on it, but it's absurd to think they'd have to develop it for that long.

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And otherwise you'd simply have to use the browser. I beleave sites like Ebuddy are working in the 3DS browser. Haven't tried it out myself yet, tough.

D

Deleted User

Fanboys: YESYES OF COURSE DAMMIT NINTENDO ARE GODS!
Normal people: Probably not. If they wanted to integrate a messaging feature they would have done it already. Like RedJiggly said, use eBuddy.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
tigris said:
Normal people: Probably not. If they wanted to integrate a messaging feature they would have done it already. Like RedJiggly said, use eBuddy.
Except they already said it was coming.

It'll come eventually. Knowing Nintendo, it'll take ages and will be mediocre, but it'll come.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
Fanboys: Already confirmed in IwataSays. It won't be soon, but they say in a few updates.

It's something they really should get on. Such a nice friends list feature for almost no reason!

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:

It was...kinda already confirmed...

TheDarkSeed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ravenius said:
TheDarkSeed said:

You just contradicted yourself there
tongue.gif

Anyway, no matter what they add to a messaging system, it can't in any way take a year to develop one. It might take a year before they start working on it, but it's absurd to think they'd have to develop it for that long.
I did not. I simply asked a question and stated my thoughts on it. Some things just don't sound right typed.

Assuming they make a messaging client, Nintendo could go either way in terms of complexity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning