Homebrew When a friend tries to open NeoPop Wii his WiiMote turns off and the lights flash.

Honkinghard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This effectively disables the controller, preventing him from pressing 1 to continue.

I read a rumor a while back that one way Nintendo tried to curb piracy was, when they released the new WiiMotion Plus controllers, they set it disable itself when you try to open certain emulators. However, I've never encountered this despite using dozens of modded Wiis with dozens of different controllers over time. Plus, it only happens with NeoPop Wii in this case - all other emulators still work.

Unfortunately he doesn't have any other controllers to try. I've actually never seen this version of WiiMote with the red buttons/mushroom. Is it any different than a standard WiiMote with MotionPlus built in or is it made up of different guts entirely_

Any idea how I could help him fix this?

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure he's not playing on a Wiimote Plus. (the wiimote with built-in MotionPlus) Those wiimotes aren't compatible with HB software. The only reason I could deduce is that Wiimote Pluses have the codename "RVL-036", whereas regular Wiimotes are "RVL-003". I think homebrew developers made it to use a "RVL-003" device, (a Wiimote), not a "RVL-036" device (a Wiimote Plus). You'll have to buy a regular Wiimote. Search up on Amazon, or check the nearest gamestop for a used Wiimote (not Plus)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night