Hacking When a copy of the NAND becomes obsolete and how often should I make a copy

skins20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi!,"Gbatemp Community"

I have read comments in other forums that when their NS do brick they can not restore their NAND copy because it is too old,and I want to avoid that.
So,Do I have to make a copy of the nand every time the console is updated to a new OFW? Or should I do it every time a game is installed?

In conclusion, When does the copy of the nand stop working?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a copy after every firmware update. Don't just backup rawnand, you need to backup boot0/boot1 as well (this is the culprit a lot of times when people restore their Switch NAND and it doesn't boot afterwards).

If you're trying to use clean NAND backups to avoid bans when playing online, you'll want to make a new "clean" NAND backup prior to every time you decide to switch from playing games online to using CFW.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!,"Gbatemp Community"

I have read comments in other forums that when their NS do brick they can not restore their NAND copy because it is too old,and I want to avoid that.
So,Do I have to make a copy of the nand every time the console is updated to a new OFW? Or should I do it every time a game is installed?

In conclusion, When does the copy of the nand stop working?
only stops working when you update and burn fuses. so make a new nand backup after every update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also if you installed 400gb of games, you might want to make a nand backup to save you from having to install it all over again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm