4. Against marriage, Against adoption

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. I'm against LGBT people

14 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have read. Genetic's absolutely drives any species forward, it is literally how we evolved and continue to do so.

Bullseye likes this.
  2. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Maniac

Czech Republic

OK, let's talk about fingers. Sure, you can say that having 8 fingers is not normal. But saying that people with 8 fingers deserve to have their human rights revoked makes you a bad person.

And this is exactly what some people say about people with other "abnormalities".

3. AtsuNii

AtsuNii AtsuNii's New Beginnings

Antarctica
    Indeed our genetics keep improving, but it rather sounds like you're stuck in the savage ages instead of the civilized world we live in now. You also got a fair amount of people that don't even want to reproduce, including straight people. That is no reason however to prevent people from being happy together or trying to raise another persons child that was unwanted. Straight, gay or whatever they might be, they might very well raise the child better then several other people who reproduce naturally.

VinsCool likes this.
  4. chaoskagami

chaoskagami G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
    Developer

United States
    Humanity is past the point where genetics make a huge difference, unless you think physics textbooks and code can be passed down by genetics. Arguably, the point of evolution is to increase survivability. Guess what? We happen to be sitting on a mountain at the top of the food pyramid, and the only obvious things that outlive us are trees and some species of birds. There's not much to improve here.

That's alright, it's early. The point here is that it's silly to hate people with nine fingers and try to make their life impossible just because you hate people with nine fingers. Furthermore, I've never seen someone with nine fingers, so it's not my place to say anything on the subject. ;)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  5. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

United States
    If they are happy, it's all good. I honestly don't see how some people can be so blind and completely reject same gender marriage.

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Grumpy Enby

Antarctica
    Don't try to move the goalpost. You haven't refuted my comments, you simply moved around them. Studies have shown that children raised with same-sex parents end up just fine and without any of issues you purposed.
    https://cola.unh.edu/sites/cola.unh.edu/files/student-journals/ShelbyChamberlin.pdf
    Equally studies have also shown that bullying LGBT kids and or kids of LGBT families have a negative effect on kids.
    https://www.theguardian.com/austral...parents-do-as-well-as-their-peers-study-shows
    Please refute these studies.

7. AtsuNii

AtsuNii AtsuNii's New Beginnings

Antarctica
    Depends if you just see this vision for yourself or you want others to follow suit. For just not wanting yourself doesnt have to mean you're anti-both. I myself don't want to any childeren either, but that doesnt change the fact that I could very well see proper childeren get a better chance at people who want to raise one then in an orphanage.

8. chaoskagami

Developer

United States
    I really wish Logic/Reasoning 101 was a mandatory class. These kinds of topics would be far better if people avoided fallacies. :wacko:

9. blackwrensniper

Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, no. You may personally want to boil things down to one thing or one other thing but the world, people and especially genetics are orders of magnitudes more complicated. Being reductive doesn't make you any more right by any means. Just because the people you ask your stupid question to don't try to be hyper specific doesn't mean there aren't people out there that can explain the millions of genetic variances people can have --- and importantly those people are more right than somebody that generalizes.

Same with sexuality, gender, marriage or partnership.

Lastly if you are against gay marriage or adoption you are thankfully on the wrong side of history and you and your ilk are a dying breed.

10. YetoJesse

YetoJesse GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    All to make sure overpopulation comes to a halt.

Seriously though, I couldn't care less. as long as it's someone else's life, it's fine by me.
    I don't get why it needs to be a subject to begin with.

And in all honesty, if 2 guys or gals get married and love each other etcetc, than that's good for them.
    The fact that I don't see it the same as an opposite sex relationship is my issue.
    The only thing I can't stand are people that are 'overly gay' and in your face about it, but can't handle a rude joke with a wink...
    Honestly, get that thing out of your ass and laugh.

But those are my two cents on the matter...

Also read something about adoption and how same-sex couples shouldn't or something?
    Yeah, no, I love how my dad left because of alcohol and seeing my mom struggle to get round.
    Those were the best years of my life, really....

All jokes aside, if she happened to be gay somewhere halfway and that woman could give me at least a quarter of what 'Dad' gave me.... well, 'Dad' took and promised more than he gave in the end...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And anything gender related, imho, comes down to either the gynaecologist or a prostate exam.
    I don't do special snowflaky shit.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I giggled at: "Equally studies have also shown that bullying LGBT kids and or kids of LGBT families have a negative effect on kids."

The use of 'Bullying someone has a negative effect on them'.

"Caaaaaaarl. People die when you kill them, Carl...."

11. erikas

erikas GBAtemp Regular

My views might seem strange. So i oppose marrige. Both gay and straigt. As far as i can see it's just a means to deprive men of their wealth. Why did homosexuals want it is beyond me. As for adoption, i support gay couples adopting, but oppose lesbian couples adopting. And while no study has been done that puts gays and lesbians in different groups, because how dare you say that men and women are different you mysoginist bigot, the fact is, there are things men can give that women can not. Almost every school shooter has been raised by a single mother. Another thing is, black people commit most of the crime, and they also have an epidemic of single mothers. To sum up, children should be raised by men.

12. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think you're missing the point. The question wasn't "What's your stand on [other people and] same-sex marriage and adoption?" Now, I presume that was the actual intent, but if you actually believe that it is in fact a right to marry or adopt regardless of sexual orientation, then it's not really something for which you can be pro or anti meaningfully. But just because you do or don't marry/adopt doesn't necessarily make you pro or anti either--the reason that marriage and child raising are considered rights is part of what makes a person irregardless of their willful desire or rational deduction. It's sort of like asking if you're pro or anti breathing and eating.

13. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I don't care about either. But, if you have 2 dads/moms, you better not tell any students in school, or they're going to bully the fuck out of you.

14. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Yeah, you really shouldn't be generalizing people and dictating their lives just simply base on what you do or don't find attractive.

Also, genetic engineering, let alone transhumanism as a whole, is throwing in a monkey wrench when it comes to genetics.
    I didn't know having pets, is what nature intended.

Exceptions to the rules, doesn't mean XY and XX aren't typically tied to male and female. Of course, as said, we shouldn't be trying to make their lives harder, if they just happened to be the exception.

15. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    This is wrong. This is said by many pro-gay people. Trying to paint an picture in which gay never do bad and are perfect. I am sorry, but I know plenty gay people that are bad.

edit: I correct myself. I did not read "or no parents at all." part. My mistake.

16. chaoskagami

Developer

United States
    To be honest, I can't find a single thing to argue, because there's so much wrong there I don't even want to open that can of worms up. Did you forget a /s?

There's nothing wrong with what he said, though. It's a fact that shitty parents exist regardless of all other factors; he merely stated that having good gay parents would be better than having shitty heterosexual parents or none at all. He didn't exclude the possibility of shitty gay parents existing, nor good heterosexual parents.

EDIT:

Typically, but when someone tries the "men are men and women are women gentically" thing, it's not that damn simple if you define "male" and "female" by genetics. 1/1000 males are XYY, for example, and that's a statistically significant number.

VinsCool and KingVamp like this.
  17. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    So it is not wrong if I said: I'd rather have good hetro parents instead of shitty gay ones.

18. chaoskagami

Developer

United States
    Of course not. Who would want shitty parents? Again though, parenting aptitude has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

VinsCool, lolboy and KingVamp like this.
  19. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    That is not what he said. There wasn't any generalizing in that statement.

If anything, it is the other way around that some people keep saying. That a straight couple is automatically better than any other family unit/configuration.

VinsCool and chaoskagami like this.
  20. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Maniac

Czech Republic
    I agree.
    Saying that is not wrong.

VinsCool likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - marriage, adoption, stance