Homebrew What's your reason for wanting arm9/arm11 control?

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use it for piracy faster emulators! Which is still piracy now that I think about it...
I'm completley against piracy btw

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like it so I no longer fear losing access to:
  • ROM hacks (few vanilla games are worth multiple playthroughs these days)
  • console customization (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind custom theme ftw)
  • emulate titles not released for Virtual Console
  • Region free (no need to import a console I already have)
  • ports (no console will have official ports of every game released)
Anyone who says anything other than piracy is bullshitting...
Nice opinion.

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I won't lie: I want kernel access for setting up a CFW and install whatever the hell I want on my 3DS, such as dynarec-enabled emulators, eshop CIA games, CIA version of 3DS games that sky3ds can't run, GBA ambassador titles and DSiWare titles. I would also dump my NAND.
I do own various 3DS and Wii games though, I just like going pirate.

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know much about the hacking stuff enough to say things correctly. But don't you all smell it? That smelly smell... After all that userland exploits, hans etc. I can't believe that nobody finds a kernel exploit, maybe they don't want to find kernel exploits... or they're idealist: knows exploits but won't share

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to be able to access eshop on older firmware. I want to be able to install different versions of a mod for my game I own. For example, A file cia to play my Project M smash and another one for me to mess around with. I own the game so dont be say'n Im a pirate... rrrr...

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that I will be able to hack games and emulate GBA roms flawlessly while having eshop access. Had all of these (with the exception of imperfect GBA emulation but mGBA ran at nearly max FPS for me regardless) before nintendo changed the code on their eshop servers which killed the eshop access.

Honestly, I don't condone privacy piracy myself since I believe the companies deserve the money they worked for when creating these games for us. Without us paying and supporting them, they wouldn't be able to create games in the first place. It's also pretty disappointing when you spent $40 on Super Mystery Dungeon only to see someone asking if the rom exists on the internet on the day of release. :/

Last edited by ChaosRipple,

lolzvid

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Completely 100% legit own extracted and .CIA made backups :P

Also, because that awesome KORG app is expensive as hell at the brazilian eShop

MannCo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better emulation it's all I want.

Also, what the heck, if I have the chance, I would get some eShop only games, since they are FREAKING EXPENSIVE.

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
To get full control of the device I paid for (and no, I don't want piracy, I import a lot each month, but I do want to backup my stuff) without being dependent on @smealum for updates and his homebrew launcher and its derivatives to run homebrew like a junkie :ha:

Oh, and eShop access with FMP because the Japanese eShop gets a lot of cool stuff.

Last edited by kiwiis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: