Retro Games and Consoles!

What's your opinion on prices of retro gaming keep rising.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anything old by Atlus. Sure. Same for the other companies following a similar model (mostly NIS)
In more recent times their star has waned somewhat so I might amend that to anything from a franchise already established in prior times and consider carefully the rest.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't collect just to have the things but also to play the games. So if I can't afford it emulation is okay for me.

Reactions: Caleck

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's obnoxious. I'd like to show my kids the systems and games I grew up on... But the prices are only going up. So, the next best option is to buy an 8BitDo controller and emulate. I really don't want to do that, but I'm also not dropping $80+ on an N64/Genesis/etc. with no controller and then hundreds on just a handful of titles. That's ridiculous. Reproductions of older games can be a godsend, if they weren't of questionable quality.
Absolutely. While I don't think emulation is quite as bad as you say I also like playing on original hardware but the market has been shit for an extremely long time now.

Only solution aside from emulation is that if you want to play games from the original hardware you either homebrew it or you put an everdrive onto it in order to load backups.

Might be a good approach for you but keep in mind the consoles prices can vary, and everdrives are expensive
( the latter in the short term, at least).

Last edited by TomRiddle,
Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely. While I don't think emulation is quite as bad as you say I also like playing on original hardware but the market has been shit for an extremely long time now.

Only solution aside from emulation is that if you want to play games from the original hardware you either homebrew it or you put an everdrive onto it in order to load backups.

Might be a good approach for you but keep in mind the consoles prices can vary, and everdrives are expensive
(in the short term, at least).
I'm not saying emulation is bad. I'm just saying that I prefer the bare metal experience.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Very good incentive for emulators developers. Collectors already used to knowing that time interfere in price.

wiitendo84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was checking the price for MGS: The Twin Snakes, saw it's going for over $120, scoffed, and played it on Dolphin. Retro games are ridiculous, especially right now. Something about the pandemic has made old stuff rocket up in price.
Are you serious. I have it CIB. Along with all the resident evil GameCube games CIB. I need to check out this because I have only 6 GameCube games that aren't CIB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: