Whats your Opinion on Piracy?

HentaiHedghog

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pirating is not right, but we do it because we are low on money. My parents told me they wouldn't buy me any videogames so I had one last resort. Besides I think it is fun to rent a game from gamestop, redbox, or borrow from a friend. Then backup the game to your system and BAM! You saved yourself so much money. BTW if I actually bought all the games I pirated right now then it would be worth 564$ (I did the Math).

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Pirating is not right, but we do it because we are low on money. My parents told me they wouldn't buy me any videogames so I had one last resort. Besides I think it is fun to rent a game from gamestop, redbox, or borrow from a friend. Then backup the game to your system and BAM! You saved yourself so much money. BTW if I actually bought all the games I pirated right now then it would be worth 564$ (I did the Math).
Oh yeah that is another reason, low money in my country and my parents can't afford (LITERALLY) to mantain even the house.... So they wouldn't buy me video games.... Another reason is that my parents ONLY bought games if had good grades in SCHOOL, and god Im tired of THAT! Also, about the borrow & rent thing there are not much of it that have what I desire...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pirating is not right.
I know, Pirating is LEFT...

HentaiHedghog

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah that is another reason, low money in my country and my parents can't afford (LITERALLY) to mantain even the house.... So they wouldn't buy me video games.... Another reason is that my parents ONLY bought games if had good grades in SCHOOL, and god Im tired of THAT! Also, about the borrow & rent thing there are not much of it that have what I desire...

True. Although you have a good reason for it. My family is exceptionally rich, but the good grades = games was a problem. Ever once and a while I feel some small guilt for pirating.

Reactions: Lightyose
D

Deleted User

The main reason I pirate video games is because I don't have that much money. The other reason is so I can try games before I buy them. And sometimes if a game is extremely expensive because it's rare or just because it's fairly old.

I'm against pirating video games if the person pirating them has the money to buy it, and has tried it and decided they've liked it, but they go ahead and pirate it anyways "becuz i can lol".

Reactions: Raylight

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The main reason I pirate video games is because I don't have that much money. The other reason is so I can try games before I buy them. And sometimes if a game is extremely expensive because it's rare or just because it's fairly old.

I'm against pirating video games if the person pirating them has the money to buy it, and has tried it and decided they've liked it, but they go ahead and pirate it anyways "becuz i can lol".
same way i feel

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have a system that I can pirate games on, then I'll pirate games for that system. It's the same reason why people pirate videos and music, because most devices allow them to. :P
Couldn't have said it better myself :P
especially with almost all console games being about $60 each, I would be broke with about 3 games. And seeing as there's like 8-12 games coming out this year that i'm looking at, my wallet may as well just ask for the death sentence.

bitjacker

GBAtemp Disorderly
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the whole premise of everyone being a consumer is wrong. the fact that you cant return a game because it sucks makes piracy ok in my book. i wonder how many games have been sold with lies. like take metroid fusion commercials back in the day of the gba... they were pretty badass. Not really what a gba screen could do though.

Last edited by bitjacker,

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the whole premise of everyone being a consumer is wrong. the fact that you cant return a game because it sucks makes piracy ok in my book. i wonder how many games have been sold with lies. like take metroid fusion commercials back in the day of the gba... they were pretty badass. bot really what a gba screen could do though.

I.. I liked fusion..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.