Hacking What's your New 3DS firmware? (Launch day N3DS)

What's your New 3DS Firmware?

• Total voters

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today's the release of the New 3DS in America. One person reported to have a 9.0 3DS picked up at midnight, while another reported 9.4. Both were Sky3DS users so they had no worries about Gateway compatibility.
Let us know what firmware your New 3DS came in.

I'm actually worried about opening my New 3DS tomorrow. Once opened, it's considered used.

Note: Thread will be updated, listing each user's N3DS firmware

*Click on the hyperlinked text to see the original post

thorasgar: 9.0U Red, Gamestop
jaku: TWO 9.0U 3DS Black, Walmart
rooskie54: 9.0U Black, Target
dandymanz: 9.0U Red

Ok screw this, there's too many posts and mostly all of them are 9.0. It seems like mainly the red 3DS have a chance of being 9.4. I wish you luck to buy a non returned 3DS that was unopened. A few have reported their N3DS being malfunctioned in some way.

marksteele compiled a list of 3DS serials, check out his thread HERE

Reactions: WiiFit_Guy

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today's the release of the New 3DS in America. One person reported to have a 9.0 3DS picked up at midnight, while another reported 9.4. Both were Sky3DS users so they had no worries about Gateway compatibility.

I'm actually worried about opening my New 3DS tomorrow. Once opened, it's considered used.
Just as an FYI, the "U" in the firmware means it's an American console. So anyone from Europe who votes in that poll is actually incorrect.

TheMoreYouKnow.gif

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as an FYI, the "U" in the firmware means it's an American console. So anyone from Europe who votes in that poll is actually incorrect.

TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Yeah this thread is for the North American N3DS release. But I bet people will vote just to mess around, even if they don't have a N3DS. So I guess the poll is kinda pointless.
Everyone can post here though about their N3DS. I'll try to quote or add a note to the main post for every person who reports their firmware. Linking to each post also.
So the main post will be an archive of all the firmware everyone has, I'll even date it for each day. So the poll will be out of the picture.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameStop Missouri 9.0.0-22 U red XL

Though as I stated in the other thread the 3D is messed up and has to be returned.

Will be picking up my "third" order at bb this morning but then road trip so can't post a pic of that one until later.

Update: black XL I picked up this morning at best buy is 9.0 as well. Red one worked better this morning and same as black one. Jury still out. Leaving for road trip will post black pic later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 479
Reactions: weatMod

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

TheMoreYouKnow.gif
I knew that U means that the conolse version is USA but why should be incorrect to vote on that poll? Aren't U and EUR firmware the same?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Note: Thread will be updated, listing each user's N3DS firmware
Not if you buy it at a reputable retailer like Walmart, bestbuy etc. check it out in the car and return it. Satisfaction guaranteed. "I can't hold it right". "The colors look like shit". "It hurst my eyes". Whatever.

Just read the AVS Forums a bit and all those videophiles that go through two or three $3,000 TVs before they find one that satisfies them.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not if you buy it at a reputable retailer like Walmart, bestbuy etc. check it out in the car and return it. Satisfaction guaranteed. "I can't hold it right". "The colors look like shit". "It hurst my eyes". Whatever.

Just read the AVS Forums a bit and all those videophiles that go through two or three $3,000 TVs before they find one that satisfies them.

Or even better just say the 3ds does not look right on this 3ds when compared to my friends they will swap it out for you

Reactions: MattKimura

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or even better just say the 3ds does not look right on this 3ds when compared to my friends they will swap it out for you
Sure, but a given locations stock is likely to be all the same FW. It is not a shoe store. :) I preordered one from GS and one from BB online. Just now ordered another from BB for local pickup becuase my GS one is defective. Don't like having all my eggs in one basket. TRU looks like they have some online still. Amazon only has jap.

pu1se80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bah, wasted money on a Japanese N3DS. Guess that's the price I pay for impatience. But really though, I didn't think Nintendo would launch in the USA with a vulnerable firmware. Actually, they might not have after all. lol. Quit draggin' your feet GW and make a statement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night