What's your favourite falling-blocks puzzle game?

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As a big fan of synesthesia, my favourite "falling-blocks-game" is Tetris Effect, hands down. Particularly in VR - absolute beast of a game.

Lumines was my favourite game for the longest time because of how falling blocks interact with the music, but once I first played Tetris Effect, it left lumines in the dust.

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As a big fan of synesthesia, my favourite "falling-blocks-game" is Tetris Effect, hands down. Particularly in VR - absolute beast of a game.

Lumines was my favourite game for the longest time because of how falling blocks interact with the music, but once I first played Tetris Effect, it left lumines in the dust.
Actually yeah Tetris Effect is a stunner. I'm happy to have it on Switch now too, but I should really fire up the PSVR again for it soon.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is it actually called tetris vs puyo puyo? I'm searching and I cannot seem to find any Gamecube game by that name, even if it was never ported. I am very curious.
I'll have to check. It wasn't'fever', but i can't find it online right now. I can't exclude it's a sort of rom hack, but... I'll get back at you.

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like tetris b-type level 9-5 on the og gameboy: because it's got an ending (Space-shuttle take-off) and is just hard enough to feel some kind of accomplishment. Second place is for Lumines, because of the visuals and the music: there are multiple really good like techno tracks.

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Pokemon Puzzle League

cause its funny and cute :3

Attachments

• 285037848_686573415969628_5535538379734423025_n.jpg
    285037848_686573415969628_5535538379734423025_n.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 32

JLivingstonSG

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
------------------------
3D Tetris BlockOut or the open source version BlockOut2.
----------------------------

Here is a online version with global scoreboard.

Regards from Sweden
------------------------------------------------------

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
NES Tetris with the little dancing people when you completed a level.

Meteos is amazing as it really plays marvelously in a great handheld.

Columns, but I don't think it aged well.

nomnaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a hard one, as it depends what I'm in the mood for. I think the top three I recall are Tetris (original computer or Gameboy or NES versions), Super Puzzle Fighter, or Lumines. I feel like each had a distinct rhythm or scratched a different itch.

nomnaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Columns from Sega. The first one. It has such a wonderful greek/roman flair
When I thought of Columns, I immediately recalled Super Puzzle Fighter and decided that of the two, I preferred the latter. The jewels are just as pretty, if not more so, and the versus mode it's more fleshed out. Give it a try.

Reactions: Bonny

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is really Puzzling my Bubbles
During the PS1 era a friend was obsessed with it but I never could get it doing for me.

Installed Frozen Bubble ( http://frozen-bubble.org/ ) rather than doing another game of minesweeper when I was installing Linux for someone the other day and otherwise watching percentage bars go up. I get it now.

Reactions: Mayo1990

EvilJagaGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puyo's fun, though I also suck at it. I have a love/hate relationship with Puyo Puyo Tetris; during college I was trying to get Quake 3 LAN parties/small tournaments started but all interest died as soon as one of the gaming club's officers brought a Puyo Tetris setup. Matches that night were played best out of three out of three, a maximum of nine games, and I managed to come out on top of a nine-game set. It was fun, but I didn't try playing there again.

Has anyone played the card game Set? Panel de Pon/Puzzle League feels a bit like that in video game form, where you're trying to pick out block patterns and combos fast before stuff starts rising. I like it a lot too.

JLivingstonSG

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Here is a link to a online version of a 3D Tetris.'

BlockOut dot nu

Regards from Sweden
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol