What's your favorite japanese PS2 game?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by War, Nov 27, 2007.

Nov 27, 2007
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Like the topic title says, what's your favorite japanese game for the PS2? I'm just wondering, since now that I'll soon have a Swap Magic, I'll get a chance to play all these great games I've missed out on.

My favorite (from looking at gameplay videos) would have to be Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+. I played through the original KHII and loved it, and I can;t wait to get my hands on Final Mix. What about you guys?

2. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    initial d: special stage

3. cenotaph

Member cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I dislike japanese games in general - not because they're japanese per se, but because many of the ideas that permeate japanese game design were obsolete two console generations ago and ruin the experience for me.

I'll say Resident Evil 4, if that counts (it's very western in its design and was clearly engineered for western audiences, therefore my hesitation). The NGC/Wii-versions are better, sure, but it's one of the few modern japanese games I tolerate, despite the fact that the writing comes off as something a fifth grader would produce. It's also the only playable game in the Resident Evil series.